“Awesome experience”

Absolute Reel Screamer Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: This private 2 hour boat adventure is what Charleston is really all about! I'm a native captain, so we'll glide through the uncrowded backwaters of the most pristine estuaries in the country. We'll learn to harvest oysters, catch shrimp and identify local shore birds. Next, we'll find the Bottlenose Dolphins. Having them swim next to the boat is exciting, but if we find them feeding in the shallows it's spectacular! Our next destination is Morris Island where I'll teach you about its rich Civil War history as well as my own family ties to it. We'll then walk its shores looking for shells and artifacts as the sixth oldest lighthouse in the nation serves as our backdrop! So as you can see we have something for everybody on this trip. The dolphins are always here, the beach is loaded with shells, and if you listen hard enough you just may hear the roar of cannons from the past. So come on and join me! You never know what washed up the night before...
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We traveled to Charleston to visit a friend and my daughter wanted to see the dolphins. Gresh took us out and knew and extensive amount of information allowing us to see the dolphins and learn a great deal of history as well. The experience was fabulous and well worth the money. We will definitely take this tour again. Thanks so much for an awesome day. Janeen

Visited November 2011

Charlotte, North Carolina
“An absolute DO NOT MISS for all ages”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I went on the tour with Captain Gresh today with my wife and twin 5 year old's, and my brother and his 5 year old son. The six of us had such an amazing time with him and the breathtaking sites we saw. His knowledge for the amazing natural habitat and history of the area is outshone only by his love for the places he takes his guests. He is a true native of this unique natural wonder with his family living in the area for generations. He told us of the history and the biology with charm and wisdom. We saw more dolphins than I could have ever imagined and they were so close to the boat it felt like we could touch them. Then we went out to spend an hour on a private island with a breathtaking historic lighthouse where my wife and kids found a dozen sand dollars and tons of beautiful shells. I highly recommend this trip for all ages.

Beaufort, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“THIS IS A MUST DO ADVENTURE WHEN VISITING CHARLESTON!!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was BY FAR our favorite part of our girls getaway weekend. Capt Gresh Meggett made our visit to Charleston so special! He took our group of four ladies on his private lighthouse eco-tour out to Morris Island. This is NOT just a boat ride to see an old lighthouse.... we experienced SO MUCH MORE. Gresh provided us with interesting info re: the marine habitat as well as the incrediible history attached to this extraordinary island. Located in the Charleston Harbor and accessible only by boat, our jaws dropped at the beauty and mystique of this magnificent island where some of the first African American Confederate soldiers died fighting aganist the Union troops. Once we got to there, Gresh dropped us off to explore the island on our own for over an hour. It was so breathtaking. The seashells were amazing (we collected so many and they were big ones too) and there were sand dollars everywhere, We think we found a piece of bone (not sure if it was human or animal) but given the many lives that were lost during the battle that took place on this island, Gresh said it wouldn't be unrealistic if it was a human bone. We took so many beautiful pictures out there. On our way back, we had many close encounters with dolphins and Gresh even offered to teach us how to catch shrimp which was a blast. Book this tour with Gresh and you will be so happy you did! Thanks again Gresh from your military spouse NC & SC girls. :)

Forest Park, Illinois
“Serene break from being a tourist”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Gresh was a wonderful guide sharing his family history and stories. Seeing dolphins was just incredible but the best part was walking on the beautiful sandy beach picking up sand dollars and shells. We went on a Monday morning so we literally were alone on the island except for one fisherman (who was a colleague of Gresh's who directed us to the sand dollars before high tide came in and covered them). It was definitely a highlight of our trip and a relaxing end to a long weekend in beautiful Charleston before we headed back to the "real" world!

York
“Absolute best.....”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have been going to Myrtle Beach for over 10 years now. I always wanted to go on a dolphin/lighthouse tour, but didn't want to be squeezed in with people I don't know. I found Captain Gresh on Google, and was pleased by the price compared to those overcrowded boats where you may or not be able to hear the commentary, or it's too loud. You know what I mean.

We had an awesome once-in-a-lifetime day on the beach by the lighthouse, and were so entrigued by the Captain Gresh's storytelling, it made us want to learn more about Morris Island. I was able to get gorgeous photos that I will frame and mount on my walls.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an educational and beautiful day. We saw some dolphins, too, in their natural habitat, it was absolutely breathtaking.

Go! You won't be sorry.