All reviews full kitchen one bedroom suite no daily maid service choice hotels bus stop time share breakfast bar family vacation water pressure living area king street walked everywhere a great place to stay nice hotel timeshare hallway balcony
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Loved loved loved this hotel!
It was very clean and modern. Loved the decor. What we loved even more is the staff. Everyone was so courteous, professional and nice. They made us feel very comfortable and welcome.
My family and I really enjoyed staying here.
PS. I believe they are part of timeshare hotels they own all over he country. So they had full kitchen in each room (which was great. Especially if you are planning on staying long term.) However, there’s no room service everyday. We only stayed 5 days and they said rooms would be serviced on the 6th, I believe. But it didn’t bother me at all. We had plenty of towels and toiletries. Sure if we needed more they would’ve given anything we need.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BrianG_and_JulieU
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We stayed two nights in King 360 via bonus time through our timeshare and were very pleased with its location, cleanliness and room size. The inside of the building has been totally remodeled but still retains some of its original antebellum Charleston charm. We reserved a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen which was very convenient. It is in within walking distance to lots of great restaurants, Marion Square and the College of Charleston. Great value and superb accommodations that won't break the bank.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

There is a bar nextdoor, they play music on the roof til 2am, you can hear it loud and clear inside the room. I swear it's the same tune. Bang bang bang, thump thump thump. When I called the front desk to ask what time the music goes til, 2am. Uhg. They have us a sounds noise machine.

AC works well! Tastefully decorated, although the lobby is plain.
Our room is clean, the rest of the place is clean.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

First off, please know this is a timeshare “resort”, so they will try to have you attend a “2 hour” presentation at some time in your stay. They will tell you to attend the morning session as not all things are open at 8:30 in the morning (which isn’t true- we found plenty to do early morning). Being on vacation, I wanted to have the freedom to sleep in or explore early as we so chose. I felt a bit pressured after showing some interest in the gift card they promised for attending. After reading some reviews of the presentation (easy to find online) we decided to forgo the presentation and gift card they had said we would receive. Our vacation time was valuable and we have ZERO interest in timeshares.

With that being said, it is a beautiful place. Very modern, newly built, clean! I was very impressed by our room which had a king size bed, couch, chair, dining set for 2, and fully stocked kitchen! We were pleased to have been given a room with a view of part of the town and the courtyard in the middle of the resort. From what I have read, there are some rooms that only have a window facing the hallway, so I felt very fortunate that we got a room with an outside view. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was a good size. Again the room was beautiful. There even was a gas fireplace. They provide amenities like a hair dryer, safe, iron/ironing board, extra blanket and pillows, and complimentary toiletries. It’s important to know this is not like a hotel that will clean your room each day of your stay. We didn’t need any more towels or toilet paper than was there for our stay, but other reviewers have noted that the staff will get you these items.

I will say that our room was located on the outside corner closest to the bar/restaurant two doors down. They have a back patio and have bands/ DJs play. It can get very loud. I’m not sure about the other rooms and what they can hear.

The water pressure can go in and out at times, but not to the point where you wouldn’t be able to wash properly. Low pressure lasted a second or two and returned. It didn’t happen all the time though.

It is located on upper King Street, so there is a hike to points of interest. There is the free shuttle throughout town called Dash. You can print out the stops and times on the CARTA bus website. Lyft/Uber are available within minutes. We decided to rent a car just for convenience sake and to get to the beach a few times. There are many public parking buildings throughout albeit a bit expensive. It was well worth it for the convenience and air conditioning from time to time.

The staff at the front desk was very nice and pleasant. I had no issue with the women who checked us in and out, as well as the woman who helped me use the lobby computer to print our boarding passes. Every staff who we encountered cleaning was very pleasant and nice. I will say, however, that the person who is the “concierge” and who upon arrival reviews the area and consequently tries to have you attend a presentation was not as warm as the other staff especially after we did not attend the presentation. She was nice (please do not get me wrong) but I did sense a bit of animosity when we skipped out on the presentation. I’m sure there might be some compensation to employees who get guests to attend. It was very awkward to encounter her when we came in and out. There were also lots of questions about what we wanted to see or where we were going. I’m sure it was only as means to gauge popular places people visit (and we were also given some discounts too! A plus!) I just felt it was a little intrusive- more than I ever encountered on vacation.

I would say if you are looking for somewhere with a full kitchen this would be a good choice. I can see families with kids benefit from staying here. Otherwise there are some traditional hotels around that offer a swimming pool, breakfast, etc. Also, there is a public parking garage across the street that charges $17 max. daily vs. the $28/ day valet here. Just a thought. ;)

Overall, we were very pleased with the stay. The room was clean and modern. I wish I would have known about the timeshare situation before I booked however.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank evavaccaro
Reviewed 5 July 2018

My family of 4 (2 teens) stayed here during our 5 night stay in Charleston. I had booked this room through Choice Hotels. What sealed the deal for me was the amount of space it provided for the price--a discount was given if you stayed 3 nights or longer. The other hotels in the historic district would have forced me to get 2 rooms and I would have had to pay more. The room was absolutely gorgeous. Beautifully decorated and furnished, it contained 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and a living area. All the fixtures and furnishings were top quality. They have a concierge downstairs that fixed us up with maps and such, and also signed us up for a sales presentation for which we received some nice incentives. We did opt to pay for the $28/day valet parking, but they did tell me that you could park in the lot across the street for $15/day, although there were no in/out privileges there. There was also free coffee and water in the lobby. The downsides? Well, the hotel is located on the northern fringe of the historic district, so you are not in the middle of all the action, but the free trolley does stop right near the hotel (we walked everywhere). Also, there is no complimentary breakfast here like we're used to but we did buy some items at a neighborhood market and made breakfast in the room. Also, there is an establishment that plays loud music at night. We didn't hear anything in the master bedroom but our kids did mention they could hear it in the 2nd bedroom. All in all, I think this is an easy choice for a family accommodation in Charleston 's wonderful historic district.

Room tip: I always choose the top floor of any hotel
Date of stay: June 2018