2,146 results
All reviews peninsula grill coconut cake relais chateaux teddy bear plantation king southern charm sweet tea turn down service four poster bed perfect location sitting room market street small hotel lovely room historic district charming hotel within walking distance
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I love historic places. Charleston, SC is one of the best! In addition to it being just wonderful, my dad grew up there so whenever I get to visit he is our personal tour guide and if you ever get to know Charleston by a real Charlestonian then the love you feel for that city won't ever leave you. I love staying at Planters. It is in the historic district and has a wonderful courtyard and gardens and the hotel is just lovely. If you go make reservations for the Peninsula Grill. I have to say I have never had anything but a simply excellent meal everytime I've gone. The one thing we always get is the coconut cake. It is 7 layers. It is magic on the tongue. Our family looks forward too it the moment we check in!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Christine F
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The hotel is centrally placed in Charleston. The welcome on entering and helpful staff was inviting. The room was of good size, although the hotel itself feels small. The restaurant served good food and service was attentive. A few little extra touches like the daily refreshments and turn down service need improving to achieve a higher value rating.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

The Planters Inn was everything my husband and I hoped it would be. Small and elegant, conveniently located with incredible service. The owner is always around, making sure everything is up to snuff (he overheard me telling someone we were waiting for our room to be ready and hurried out of the parlor to make sure it was). The front desk people were very helpful- offering suggestions about dinner and sights, instantly making calls for reservations and drawing map locations. Our room was on the top floor with a small balcony overlooking the city. Everything you could want was there. A wonderful place - I would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank babicus
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Delightful traditional Inn at the heart of Charleston and close to everything. Warm welcome. Exceedingly spacious, clean and comfortable room. Tea and coffee is a nice touch in the gorgeous front parlour. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The hotel is quaint and a very good location for walking around the city. Expensive and a daily fee for parking that should be included with the room rate. Continental breakfast was a delight every morning. Staff was very friendly including wait staff and bell men. Air conditioning system does run all the time and is noisy. If you are not use to the noise, will be difficult to sleep.