All reviews wine and cheese queen street great location parking garage across the street poogan's porch continental breakfast historic district breakfast delivered beautiful courtyard each morning within walking distance walking tour enjoyed our stay crackers downtown charleston southern hospitality every evening
Reviewed 2 November 2018

The Elliot House exceeded our expectations. With everything in walking distance we had no need for a rental car. The Inn offered bikes which was our most favorite part of the whole trip!! We biked all around Charleston everyday we were there. The Inn was beautiful, comfortable, and clean. Location was unbeatable. The entire staff was amazing from Front Desk to our housekeeping lady. I cannot express how AWESOME our housekeeping lady was, I wish I caught her name (room 36). She was hilarious! And so kind. We will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMofEHI, General Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. We are glad that Neal and the rest of the front desk team were pleasant. Also, we are very proud of Sharon, the housekeeper, she does a great job interacting with our guests. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Charleston!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on business for a couple of days and felt like this was my home away from home. Neil took care of me and made me feel special and appreciated. The courtyard was a very relaxing and beautiful place to get my work done, even though the location is right where the action is. This is my go-to place to stay in beautiful Charleston.

Trip type: Travelled on business
GMofEHI, General Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Mary,

It is always wonderful to see returning faces. We are so glad that you have stayed with us a couple of times in Charleston, and that the Inn has become your home away from home. I know that Neal enjoys getting to see y'all during your stay. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful courtyard that you can do some work or relax. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Charleston!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

We just returned from a great stay at the Elliot house. It is a charming hotel, beautiful clean rooms , a terrific courtyard, and a great location to walk to everything in Charleston. We enjoyed the nightly wine and cheese hour. The staff was great and couldn’t be nicer. I highly recommend this inn!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We do have the perfect location for exploring Charleston. The spacious courtyard and the recently renovated rooms are just a few of the perks of stay at the Inn. We believe the best part about staying at The Elliott House Inn, is our staff! We are so glad that they were so helpful for you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston!

Reviewed 19 October 2018

A very nice room with comfortable bed and bedding. Smaller than most hotel rooms, but charm made up for size. The location of the property is great - short walking distance to everything. Matthew was incredibly helpful to us; always available with suggestions for food and sightseeing.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMofEHI, General Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. We are happy to see that you truly enjoyed your experience with us. All the rooms are smaller than typical hotel rooms because it was built into an old house, but we agree, the charm makes up for the size. Matthew is wonderful, and we are glad that he was able to assist you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

This was my second trip to Charleston and fell in love with the Elliott House the first time. For our 50th Anniversary trip I suggested Charleston to my husband and of course a repeat of the Elliott House. We were not disappointed. It is located so close to so many things and several main thoroughfares....and though we walked most everywhere, there is a free bus line that runs right near there.
I cannot say enough about the staff, and especially Neal. He was there 5 yrs ago and I was so pleased he was there for this trip. He is very knowledgeable about so many things related to the history of Charleston. AND he was so kind to surprise us with an iced bucket with champagne. So thoughtful. Such a personal touch.
I highly recommend the Elliott House Inn and will definitely stay there again should we return to Charleston.

Room tip: All face the Courtyard
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMofEHI, General Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Colleen,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I'm truly grateful that you chose to spend your 50th anniversary with us. We know that this is a tremendous occasion, and are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Neal is wonderful at providing information, we are lucky to have him. We look forward to having you stay again the next time you are in Charleston!