“YUM YUM!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Phone: 864.427.4047
Description: Phone: 864.427.4047
Reviewed 1 August 2018

We have been eating here for many years. It is always delicious. Our favorite is, by far, the Hash. Even if you do not eat any of the great side offerings, this hash is fantastic on fresh loaf bread with a little Dukes all by itself. We get down to Union county every now and then visiting during the day and if we cannot eat there at the time, we go by on our way home and get a quart of hash. You can choose it hot or cold. We get it cold because we live so far away. I have a thick freezer bag and a huge frozen ice block in it and I put it in there to keep ice cold while out on our adventures. Sandwiches later that night for supper with fresh homemade slaw and chips. YUM YUM! No complaints about the food or quality, BUT do wish their portion sizes were a tiny bit more than they serve on the plates. The young people dishing it up might want to consider that the recipient might want to eat portions sizes that are for an adult and not a child. Customers hate to go back to the front and ask for more as there is barely any meat on the plate. The owners need to instruct the staff better as it is always the owner that takes your plate and makes it right. And they always do with a smile. We also wish they would not close at 6pm every day except on Wednesday when they close at 4pm. If they would stay open until 8pm every night except on church Wednesday, more people would get to eat there. When you don't get off of work before 5 or 6pm., you never get to go there because they are always closed by 6pm. Please stay open later, especially on Friday and Saturday for those of us that can't make it before 6pm. Mouth is watering now, guess where I wanna go?

1  Thank TnTfromSC

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We had dry rub ribs, chopped bbq chicken and various sides...oh and cake too! Food was great, fair portions. The prices are great, add a drink and dessert for very little. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Jay and everyone at Midway are the best. Food is really great. Hash and chicken stew are at the top of the list. But you can't find turkey and dressing like they serve you on Friday.

1  Thank SC_JOHNBOY
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Starting off with the good points... a Midway meal is an excellent value. The sides my wife and I have had with our meals have been excellent, much better than the famous "Meat & Three" place up the road in Spartanburg. Their catered/takeout food is also excellent. Last Christmas, we had family circumstances that kept us from cooking our usual spread, so we got a turkey and sides from Midway. It was almost as good as home-cooked!

Now about that hash... I tried some recently, since that is what the joint is known for, and I was puzzled by it. What I call "hash" (like my Grandma made) consists primarily of shredded beef and onions. The Midway hash contains nothing that is recognizable as beef or onions. There is some beef flavor there, but the watery concoction looks to be pureed to death. Imagine something the consistency and color of watery oatmeal and you'll get the idea. Like I said, there is a bit of beef flavor, but the hash is not pleasing to the eye at all. I'm obviously in the minority here, but I won't be ordering Midway hash again.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I was there as part of a culinary tour and we got to sample the hash, which they are known for, as well as the chicken stew. Everything they serve is freshly made that day and they've had the same woman cooking the sides for decades. The greens, mac and cheese and sweet potato casserole are to die for. Their bbq is also tasty. Their prices are so low and they have a counter set up to sell meats, also. This local favorite is out of the way but well worth the visit.

Been to Midway BBQ? Share your experiences!