“Wonderful BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Excellent food, nice atmosphere, good service. This restaurant was close to our hotel and recommended by the front desk. We were very pleased with our experience here.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I ate at my first Jim n Nicks in Smyrna, GA in 2012. It was absolutely amazing.
Then I found out there was a location in Bluffton where we now live. It was good at first. This past Friday August 2017 my son and I had a less then "amazing" dinner.
My son ordered 2 lbs of St. Louis ribs. They were sadly dry, over-brined (which makes meat dry out) and loaded with WAY too much dry rub. Meat should be seasoned but not so as to kill the flavor of the meat. Please work on BALANCE guys. My Chicken salad was OK but lacked any trace of white meat. I didn't request all white meat because I trusted the kitchen would mix it up a bit. But next time I will request all white meat. Also our Onion rings which we used to LOVE were over-fried and there appear to be less than the original amount we had become accustomed to.
Not too happy.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The kids say this was the best BBQ they've ever had. It was definitely high on the list. Excellent brisket, pork and chicken tenders. The fries were beautifully seasoned. The cheddar muffins were also a must-try. We also loved the BBQ nachos. The best part of the meal was the bill. Super reasonable prices.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We've frequented this location for more than 7 years it started out as an amazing place to eat. In the past year or so it has really declined to the point that we stopped going. The food was warm, tasteless, and did not have the same passion in its preparation or presentation. We decided to give it another try a few days ago and it's starting to get its old sparkle back. I am more inclined to go again now that I've witnessed a turn-around in their food. Service was never really an issue as the people there are great.

1  Thank youfollowme
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The food is really good and they have managed to do a lot with the different variations of their BBQ. At the suggestion of the waitress, who was exceptionally nice and attentive to my needs, I got the garden salad with pulled pork on top. There was an abundance of food and was delicious. The portion of BBQ on top was so large that I took some off and ate it separately with the vinegar sauce. The cheese biscuits I used for my dessert as they were so tasty. Good atmosphere, offerings, service and affordable prices. Local BBQ is not easy to find so this made my happy.

Not easy to get to, but it is worth doing.