“Meh”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Description: Creative Lowcountry Cuisine.... Plums is known for our ever changing menus. We combine seasonal fresh local ingredients in Global dishes.
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Went looking for oysters on the half shell. The area boasts of fresh local oysters. We ordered a "seafood tower" consisting of shrimp and 15 oysters. The oysters hailed from VA and a few were beginning to get that creamy texture when not quite fresh. There was no natural liquor present. In comparison, we had oysters in Savannah that were fresh and delicious at $15.95 - $17.95/doz. At Plums they were priced at $20/doz.

We also each had a oyster Po' Boy sandwich which did have a lot of oysters. But it did not have the flavor we found at Sorry Charlies in Savannah.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

I’m sorry to hear the oysters weren’t what you were looking for. Our selection changes regularly based on what is fresh and available through our local seafood vendor, local oysters being available to the area in the fall. Please join us again then for fresh, local oysters.

Megan U.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Could have probably got a much better meal somewhere else. Seems as thought this place has stopped caring. The waitress was not very knowledgeable, she really didn't know much about anything on the menu, seemed like she didn't care to find out either. Need better wine selections and portions were small. The patio needs protection from the birds, we had birds plop on our table twice in maybe an hour? The waitress should have left the umbrellas up or maybe something like a patio cover should be installed. Very disappointed because we have been here several times before and we won't be back.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We have recently released a new menu and are still adjusting, though this is no excuse for a bad experience. As for the birds, we do use umbrellas on our patio and will adjust them upon request, as well as have a totally covered deck area outside. Unfortunately, however, we cannot control the birds, though I wish we could! Thank you for your feedback.

Megan U

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I paid $10.95 for a small Bacon/Swiss Burger that I ordered medium when the server asked me how I wanted it done. It came out well done and dry. I also asked for no pickle because I really don't like them, and on my plate was a big pickle spear leaking its juices onto my fries. The service was slow, and I had to flag down my server to get a soda refill after I had already finished my meal. She had never come back to ask me how my meal was while I was eating it. I was not impressed with this restaurant.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

I want to apologize that everything wasn't 100% for you. After reading our reviews as of late, we understand that guests, like yourself, are having trouble with slow service. We are currently working with our staff to make sure everyone it trained to the best of their abilities and is able to accommodate all of our guests needs, and if they are unable to, to ask for help where appropriate. Thanks again for giving us a try, we hope to see you back in again soon, for the excellent customer service I know we can provide.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

People rave. The soup was cold. The shrimp not so fresh. The fried oysters were good. Service was fast at the bar. Tables had a wait. Outside dining looks great!

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

I am so sorry that your experience with us clearly wasn't our best foot forward. We use local seafood and I cannot imagine why the shrimp was not fresh for you, just like our oysters were! Hopefully, on you next visit we will be able to hit the nail on head in all aspects of your visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

There for a festival and had another restaurant suggested who will remain unnamed. Left that place quickly after walking around saw restaurant and people sitting outside. Was actually seated by the manager Tyler who put a table together outside for us. Great food! Most had shrimp 4 of us. Got side of fries which are definitely big enough to share. Great food, great service by Maddie, and surprisingly great value. To top it off great view of the water and get place to hear music from festival. When back in Beaufort, we will definitely come back.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

So glad everything was to your liking. Thanks for letting us know you appreciate our staff as much as we do! Maddie is an excellent addition to the team. Looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.