“Average Food & Service”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Description: Creative Lowcountry Cuisine.... Plums is known for our ever changing menus. We combine seasonal fresh local ingredients in Global dishes.
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I paid $10.95 for a small Bacon/Swiss Burger that I ordered medium when the server asked me how I wanted it done. It came out well done and dry. I also asked for no pickle because I really don't like them, and on my plate was a big pickle spear leaking its juices onto my fries. The service was slow, and I had to flag down my server to get a soda refill after I had already finished my meal. She had never come back to ask me how my meal was while I was eating it. I was not impressed with this restaurant.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

I want to apologize that everything wasn't 100% for you. After reading our reviews as of late, we understand that guests, like yourself, are having trouble with slow service. We are currently working with our staff to make sure everyone it trained to the best of their abilities and is able to accommodate all of our guests needs, and if they are unable to, to ask for help where appropriate. Thanks again for giving us a try, we hope to see you back in again soon, for the excellent customer service I know we can provide.

Megan U.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,680)

Reviewed 7 May 2018

People rave. The soup was cold. The shrimp not so fresh. The fried oysters were good. Service was fast at the bar. Tables had a wait. Outside dining looks great!

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

I am so sorry that your experience with us clearly wasn't our best foot forward. We use local seafood and I cannot imagine why the shrimp was not fresh for you, just like our oysters were! Hopefully, on you next visit we will be able to hit the nail on head in all aspects of your visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

There for a festival and had another restaurant suggested who will remain unnamed. Left that place quickly after walking around saw restaurant and people sitting outside. Was actually seated by the manager Tyler who put a table together outside for us. Great food! Most had shrimp 4 of us. Got side of fries which are definitely big enough to share. Great food, great service by Maddie, and surprisingly great value. To top it off great view of the water and get place to hear music from festival. When back in Beaufort, we will definitely come back.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

So glad everything was to your liking. Thanks for letting us know you appreciate our staff as much as we do! Maddie is an excellent addition to the team. Looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Ate a late lunch at Plums and sat out on the patio. It was a little breezy the third week of April. The waitstaff showed their "Southern " hospitality and recommended several dishes. My friend had fried oysters and I had grilled shrimp. They were both delicious and the portions were generous. After lunch we sat on the swings overlooking the water in the park. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Nice to hear how much you enjoyed yourself and our southern hospitality! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Decided to give this restaurant a try after a few recommendations, couldn't have been more disappointed. Food was mediocre at best. Hostess was rude, quoted us a 30 min wait. After 45 mins when I went to ask what the delay was, she was dismissive & said the kitchen was backed up and then threw us at a long table that was basically in the lobby. That very same table had been unoccupied for well over 20 mins. I asked why she didn't just sit us there to begin with, she once again dismissed me & was extremely impolite. I suggested she not quote patrons a 30 min wait time if it was 50 mins in reality & she rolled her eyes. I will NEVER recommend this restaurant, just awful. Was optimistic the food would've made up for the terrible service but I was beyond wrong. Don't waste your money or time on this dump!

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Jennie, I want to offer you my sincere apology for the way you were treated. It is absolutely unacceptable for our guests to experience anything other than hospitable service. After speaking to our host staff, it is my understanding that this occurred on the day that Plums introduced a new menu. On this day, we made sure not to seat at capacity, as well as seating at a slower pace so that our kitchen staff could continue to serve quality food, in a timely manner, to all of our guests and I am sorry this was not explained to you. Concerning your food, I would love it if you gave us a chance to make things right and joined us again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to make accommodations for your next visit.

megan.uzzolino@plumsrestaurant.com