“Relaxed informal”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West
Description: Creative Lowcountry Cuisine.... Plums is known for our ever changing menus. We combine seasonal fresh local ingredients in Global dishes.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Ate a late lunch at Plums and sat out on the patio. It was a little breezy the third week of April. The waitstaff showed their "Southern " hospitality and recommended several dishes. My friend had fried oysters and I had grilled shrimp. They were both delicious and the portions were generous. After lunch we sat on the swings overlooking the water in the park. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Nice to hear how much you enjoyed yourself and our southern hospitality! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Megan U.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,664)

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Decided to give this restaurant a try after a few recommendations, couldn't have been more disappointed. Food was mediocre at best. Hostess was rude, quoted us a 30 min wait. After 45 mins when I went to ask what the delay was, she was dismissive & said the kitchen was backed up and then threw us at a long table that was basically in the lobby. That very same table had been unoccupied for well over 20 mins. I asked why she didn't just sit us there to begin with, she once again dismissed me & was extremely impolite. I suggested she not quote patrons a 30 min wait time if it was 50 mins in reality & she rolled her eyes. I will NEVER recommend this restaurant, just awful. Was optimistic the food would've made up for the terrible service but I was beyond wrong. Don't waste your money or time on this dump!

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Jennie, I want to offer you my sincere apology for the way you were treated. It is absolutely unacceptable for our guests to experience anything other than hospitable service. After speaking to our host staff, it is my understanding that this occurred on the day that Plums introduced a new menu. On this day, we made sure not to seat at capacity, as well as seating at a slower pace so that our kitchen staff could continue to serve quality food, in a timely manner, to all of our guests and I am sorry this was not explained to you. Concerning your food, I would love it if you gave us a chance to make things right and joined us again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to make accommodations for your next visit.

Megan U.
megan.uzzolino@plumsrestaurant.com
803.361.7069 c
843.525.1946 w

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Plums has a beautiful view of the intracoastal waterway but the pleasantness stops there. Their chairs are dirty, tables sticky. Lunch of a BLT was the worst. The bacon was very crisp and cold and in tiny pieces like it was made for a salad. Every time you picked it up to eat all the little crisp pieces fell out of the sandwich. The bacon had no flavor and the potato chips were even hard. Won't go back and I live near by.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Let me start by offering my apology for your experience with us. We have recently updated our cleaning and side work lists for our staff and are working hard to make sure that no one else has the experience that you did. There is absolutely no excuse for sticky tables and chairs. As far as your BLT, we do make it in the mornings so that it will be cold and not wilt the lettuce on our sandwiches. That being said, that clearly wasn't the only issue you experienced. I would love it if you gave us another chance and dined with us as my personal guest. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

803-361-7069 c
843-525-1946 w
megan.uzzolino@plumsrestaurant.com

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Plums is ok for a tourist place! Had the Oyster poor boy which had a nice sauce! Paid extra for sweet potato fries which were cold! Worth trying again!

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. The remoulade sauce on the Oyster Poboy is made in-house, and I think it makes a world of a difference. As far as your fries, I do apologize and hope that this was remedied for you immediately. We want all of our guests to have great quality, hot, food, and I am sorry we were not able to achieve that for you on this day.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Had a nice, light lunch on the river. Outside seating was pleasant, weather was mid-70’s and sunny at noon. Shrimp po-boy and the club hit the spot.

Megan U, Manager at Plums, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Nice to hear you enjoyed everything! Can’t wait to have y’all back again.