“Can't wait to go back”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We've driven by this restaurant countless times and never really noticed it. We were getting together with family for dinner and some had been there before. I can't say enough about the experience from start to finish! The interior was dark and cozy and had a neighborhood feel. They have a beautiful oversized stone fireplace and I can't wait to try this place in the winter, when I'm sure they must have it lit. Our server was friendly and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. Service throughout the evening was spot on! There were 6 of us and we all had something different. Everything was delicious and expertly prepared. We started the meal with an Asian inspired Calamari, another fried calamari app and home made chips with a warm gorgonzola dip. These were some of the best appetizers I've ever had and the calamari was very flavorful and not tough or rubbery. From there, we branched out in all different directions... Veal Parm, Shepherd's Pie with a cheddar mashed potato crust, crabcakes (delicious and they gave you 3 of them!), linguini with clams, another pasta dish and my meal, the braised short ribs. Everyone's meal consisted of generous portions and beautifully plated. I can't say enough about my short ribs. They were cooked perfectly, topped with a delicious gravy, mashed potatoes, gorgonzola crumbles and some fried shoestring onions. It was more than I could handle so I'm really looking forward to my leftovers for lunch today. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert but I can't wait to go back. A duo playing guitar and singing, started shortly before we left and they were great. What a perfect experience from start to finish. Prices were very reasonable, considering the location and portion size. Do not pass this place up!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My husband and I and quite a few of our friends gather here quite often on a Friday afternoon for conversations and cocktails. We often have dinner there as well, and have taken many people for celebratory dinners and always have a very good meal. I attended a bridal reception here late one Sunday afternoon and it was just perfect. They did a fabulous job with the food, and the service was as I would expect it to be; impeccable.
If you are here visiting, don't miss the opportunity to visit "Then Hen".

Reviewed 31 July 2017

we ate here twice, were not disappointed at all. Food was awesome, prices are great ! Service was wonderful. Patio is quaint. Try the wings and the Bison chili Yummy .. Beer prices are good we enjoyed our time here

Reviewed 12 July 2017

My friend and I went to The Brazen Hen for dinner recently. We'd been there for lunch and had Burgers and they were good. But the dinner we had deserves a review. I had what she recommended : The Irish Whiskey Flat Iron Steak in a rather complex sauce with substantial mashed potatoes and very crispy crunchy snap peas with julienned vegetables. The steak was perfectly cooked and truly enhanced by the sauce. My friend ordered the Atlantic Salmon; she is very particular about its degree of doneness (medium rare). She said it was done to perfection and also thought that the vegetable of sauted garlic spinach and baby bok choy was just the right companion to the salmon. We were both very satisfied to be sure.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Great food! So happy they have a gluten free option. Was good for a family dinner and nearby to lots of shops. Easy parking.