All reviews hard boiled eggs room was clean continental breakfast jefferson blvd yogurt short stay dunkin donuts easy access early flight the shuttle driver providence airport interstate accommodations refrigerator
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I thought I was being judgmental when we checked in on August 25th. NOPE. I was spot on about this not being a decent hotel.

The room was dirty, curtains covered in dust (my allergies acted up for the entire 9 day stay! Couldn't breathe even with my benedryl.) There were water stains on the door and ceiling, and it looked like the ceiling had cracked/been damaged and never repaired, over the window as there were pieces falling off. Guests smoked in the hallway for two days and our room even smelled of smoke, despite it being a non smoking property. The keys constantly stopped working, doors opened when they felt like it, outside door was extremely temperamental so we had trouble getting in, and the only door that did work, had no handle to enter from the outside. The elevator stunk and was quite slow, shaky, and very warm. Our air conditioner never worked properly and we were warm the whole stay. We kept being called about guests complaining about our dog barking, which was untrue, it was always the two dogs two rooms over. (They barked CONSTANTLY FOR TWO DAYS. I know this because our dog was never alone in the room, I'm disabled and I was there the whole time while my mom worked or left for any reason and she only barked once. I went up to the front desk after the second call to set them straight and the guests next to us also called and vouched for us.). We were pressured by housekeeping to let them come in even though we waived housekeeping (because they claimed they couldn't come in if we had pets, and I explained that. And the woman tried to make me wait outside in the heat for 20 minutes with the dog so she could go in! (Honestly I don't know why she wanted in so bad, it was quite clear the room hadn't been properly cleaned in a long while, with stains and filthy curtains and dirt/dust on walls/AC unit/shower floor, carpet). They tried to kick us out two days after we checked in (we prepaid for 6 days) and I explained it to the woman who pounded on the door at noon, and she said "Well I don't know that,, you need to go." I called the front desk and complained while she waited in the hallway. -____- Honestly the only thing this hotel has going for it is the free breakfast, but even still, stale muffins, and rarely enough coffee cups, stale cereal, maybe not so much worth it. Oh, wifi is free but TERRIBLE, disconnecting every twenty minutes, random blackouts, so slow can't stream anything, even at 144p. -___- Used my phone as a hotspot. Will never stay again, no matter how homeless I am.

I'm staying at their Coventry hotel (for the remaining three days leading up to the home closing) though and it's WONDERFUL, nicer than some four star hotel/resorts I've been in before. Definitely avoid the Warwick airport one and go to Coventry. It's a drive, but total worth it for nice, clean, quiet, well kept, comfortable conditions.

Room Tip: seriously go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
LQ2052GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

We appreciate your review of our hotel. I'm sorry we did not meet the standards of quality and comfort you have come to expect from our brand. I will review all of the items you mentioned with our staff so that moving forward, these mistakes will not be repeated. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Didn't even get inside and could tell it was a dump. Area is not to good either. Not much to do around here either. Last time we will stay here or come to Warwick. Didn't think Rhode Island had areas this bad. Just got ripped off $200.00 for a room that I wouldn't let my animals stay in.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and we're sorry you did not enjoy your visit to Rhode Island. We hope you will visit us once again once our renovation is complete.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Easy on-off the interstate; not the greatest area of town, but had no problems. Gas station across the street was handy. No restaurants close by. We were surprised that this Inn has no fridge/microwaves in the rooms. However, Cheryl (spelling?) put what we needed to refrigerate in the hotel fridge - we got it the next morning with no problems. Location is the best thing it has going for it. Room was nice and bedding comfortable. Was told that upgrades were coming in Nov. Breakfast options not as good as others that we stayed in during our week long travels.

Room Tip: We were close to the elevator but had no noise issues.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We were initially given room 210, which is next to the elevator, lobby, ice machine, breakfast room, vending machine... The list goes on. Not only could we hear everyone, it felt like they could hear us. We read a review of someone who stayed in the same room and it was a horrific experience, so we asked to switch. The woman at the desk (Paula I think?) was very nice and let us move to 224, which was MUCH better. We slept soundly and silently. There is a pool and breakfast, but we didn't get a chance to use them. Comfy night and convenient location, right near the airport - Newport is only 30min away, Providence 10min.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Dirty, extreme noise, smells people next door partied all night & the staff did nothing about it. we called the desk several times. the place is dirty & needs to be totally revamped. sad for the la quinta

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experience during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests. I will look into each issue that you have noted in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel.