All reviews dog show large hotel providence warwick airport common areas bed was very comfortable air conditioner indoor pool housekeeping staff new england shuttle service close to the airport conference reunion units refrigerator highway
Reviewed 24 November 2015

I was the keynote speaker for a 200-person seminar held at the hotel last week. While I was initially satisfied with the structure and decor of the hotel as a conference venue, I soon learned that my every request as an overnight guest would be denied or mishandled. Management apparently is unaware that being in the hospitality industry involves responding to the needs of-- as opposed to dictating to-- guests. My repeated requests for a properly heated room (when the outdoor temp was 25) resulted in being moved to 4 different rooms and lengthy visits by so-called engineers each night. I never did get to sleep in a room heated above 67 degrees, which meant that I did not sleep and was tired for my 3.5 hour speaking engagement. Ouch. My repeated demands for a shower (versus a "trickle") with adequate water flow were rebuffed-- the shower met code requirements, I was told. GTK but not responsive to my need for a good hot shower after a cold night. I might use the facility as a conference venue again but would not stay at the hotel as an overnight guest.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Edward S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Dear Edward S,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We sincerely apologize if you found the condition of the room to be disappointing. In line with this, we sent you a private message to obtain more information about this matter.

Again, we appreciate your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Christian C.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Very nice hotel with very friendly staff. Was there for a conference. They have lots of good meeting space a short indoor walk from the rooms. The rooms are probably coming due for a renovation but they are very clean and have great bedding. Everyone I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I had 2 great dinners in the restaurant.

Room tip: some rooms have a balcony or patio
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza recently and initially were very pleased with the environment, decor and level of cleanliness. We usually stay at a different property in RI and were thinking of changing up our routine and making this hotel our "go-to" place. Then my husband became very ill in the night. He had a fever and GI symptoms that were very debilitating. I didn't want to have to move the next day and asked the desk if we could stay, explaining the situation. Without even looking up, the staff person said there was one room left and quoted a price three times as much as what we were paying. After about 30 minutes I went back to say we would pay that rate to stay but she said the last room was sold. She did not ask how my husband was feeling. She did not make any attempt to find us another room in a nearby hotel. She barely made eye contact.

My disappointment with this type of service may be generational. We are in our late 60's and believe that you should always treat people well and put yourself in their shoes, especially if you are in the service industry. We will not go back to the Crowne Plaza because the staff just didn't care enough to be kind.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Geri47
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear Geri47,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dianne Liu

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

My work contract ended in Rhode Island on 10-31-15. I had been there 12 weeks, renting a small bedroom in Providence On my last night in town, I decided to treat myself to one night at the Crowne Plaza in Warwick. I have stayed in other cities at the Crowne Plaza and had pleasant experiences so I was looking forward to this lady night. I had s terrible stay with no sleep at all. The walls are paper thin. I could hear everything in the hallway and the room to the right of me. I stayed on the third floor in room 314. The people next to me were extremely loud. They were with a group of people Had people coming in and out of the room until the wee hours of the morning. I called the front desk at 12:29am after they had slammed their door 20 times. She said they would send security. But the noise did not settle down for at least 2 more hours. The walls are so thin, though, even slight sounds are audible. I would NEVER stay here again

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cecelia P

Dear Cecelia P,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations. However, we apologize we did not meet your expectations due to the noise challenges. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Divina P.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Stayed over for a family wedding, really top notch service , along with great rooms , we were lucky to have a freat view from our room along with a small balcony. The only minor setback was the breakfast the following morning.