All reviews university of rhode island comfortable beds nice stay narragansett beach uri newport linens beaches college
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming to this hotel for nearly 20 years and it’s always been a great stay. Hassle free, clean, quiet, and nice amenities. It is situated about 30mins from Newport, and tons of shops and restaurants nearby. Pleasant staff too!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaitlynz628
Reviewed 22 November 2017

My main issue (simply because it's a rip-off) is that this pricey hotel has no breakfast. Really? You charge that much and don't at least offer some breakfast to people?? I was greatly surprised. Pretty clean; fan would not turn off; shower drain starting to clog.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank frenchpourmoi
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear frenchpourmoi,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is nice to know that you were satisfied with the hotel's cleanliness. However, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with the lack of breakfast served. Your feedback is important to us and it helps us focus our attention on the things that are important to our guests. Rest assured that these concerns will be addressed to the hotel management for review to meet your needs and satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This Holiday Inn is like most HI's that I've stayed in. The room was clean and comfortable and pretty much what you expect from a Holiday Inn. What stood out to me was a "quiet time" policy that I've never seen in another hotel. From 10 PM to 7 AM the hotel enforces a "quiet time". I assume this is response to the University of Rhode Island just down the road and the potential for late nite parties. We were there on a week night so I'm not sure noise would have been a factor but I think it's a good idea. Of course, I'm not a college student and haven't been one for over 50 years.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a great lobby and nice bar/restaurant. The rooms are clean and sort of updated, but are certainly not renovated. The bathrooms especially are lacking in this department- they have not been touched in quite a while. We stayed here due to many hotels in the area bring expensive for the weekend we were in town- however I would look for other hotels over this one next time. Also, it's literally on the side of a busy road- not set baby, no property to it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shopperhopper
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi shopperhopper,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate your kind regards toward our property's overall cleanliness and level of service rendered by our hotel staff members, it is regrettable to learn that you only found our hotel to be at its average best. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Room was clean. Nothing special. They do have a pool, but it is outdoors. The whole place looks a bit due for a renovation. Don't get me wrong; I would return if the price was right, just nothing terribly memorable about the experience. Small for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Pennsypete
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn South Kingstown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hi Pennsypete,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're glad to hear you found your room clean. However, I'm sorry to learn you did not fully enjoy your overall experience with us. I've taken note of your comments regarding the overall upkeep of our property. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for the feedback. We want your experiences with us to always be rewarding and look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Connie D