“THE BEST!!!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, 15 Point offers casual upscale dining with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu, strongly influenced by the local bounty (especially from the sea), pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever-changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. While enjoying Al Fresco dining on our deck, across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If you're lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay!
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, service and atmosphere!!!My husband and I were In RI for vacation and went here for dinner. It was a Saturday night and place was packed. Staff was super friendly and host needed us to move our car b/c of were we parked(parking is tight and you kinda have to park wherever there’s space) and he moved it for us. Super nice guy. Scallops wrapped in bacon, chowda, stuffies, lobster Mac and cheese and steak w/ Gorgonzola sauce and lobster... were all delicious! Highly recommend and will come back when we are in the area. Can’t say enough good things about this place!!!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This is the kind of place at which the food is very good, but the service and atmosphere bump the review up from a 4 to a 5. I called late yesterday afternoon hoping there might be a reservation available, knowing there probably would not be. As expected I was told the earliest we could come in would be around 8:30pm, which we could not do. He must have heard the disappointment in my voice because he offered to push two high tops together in the bar for us if we wanted to come in right away. We accepted his gracious offer and when we arrived he had it all set up for us. Our server was delightful and the food was delicous. We will certainly return and make a reservation so we can enjoy the view of the water :)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We enjoyed our experience at Fifteen Point. We started with the white clam chowder. The clams were tender but there was too much tarragon in the soup. The chowder did not need that much. I had a dish called Mount Hope Seafood which had 2 large shrimp, 2 sea scallops and a healthy portion of lobster meat over a flaky pastry with a white cream sauce. It was really nicely prepared as the seafood was tender. It came with roasted fingerling potatoes and a delicious spaghetti squash/tomato veggie. You have a nice view of a river but they have to do something about the dumpsters right in front of your line of sight by a closed bridge. Service was outstanding and all aimed to please.

Tip: Make reservations as the dining area is not that large.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Went on a Sunday night and had two very good meals, baked-stuffed 1/2 lobster which was a usual special with tasty,crispy steak fries. My wife had the steak Diane, also very well done ,both with a fresh salad. We shared two stuffed clams for a starter, and those were also good, not tough and full of clams. The usual "stuffies" at local restaurants are not something we usually order. The light stuffing on the 1 1/2 pound lobster was filled with baby shrimp, also a nice surprise from the usual stuffing. A well priced bottle of wine topped off the meal and will probably return once every year for a well prepared and served dinner. Although this is a small restaurant with close tables,the noise level was much better than average...also very large menu....something for everyone.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Excellent food and service, restaurant was spotless. In addition to the regular menu, they had a list of specials. My wife had chicken Nantucket, I had cajun swordfish, both meals were outstanding, we also had 2 appetizers I had Guiness beef stew my wife had stuffed quahogs (you get 2). We also had dessert, my wife had Key lime Pie which was very good, I had Carrot Cake which was OK, I have had better and I have had worse. We did not drink (coffee) but it looked like they had a very large Wine List.