“Excellent food, service, and ambiance”

Fifteen Point Road Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, 15 Point offers casual upscale dining with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu, strongly influenced by the local bounty (especially from the sea), pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever-changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. While enjoying Al Fresco dining on our deck, across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If you're lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay!
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Tremendous food with so many appealing choices. My wife and I started with an order of the stuffed clams and one of the sauteed clams which were excellent. The stuffed clams were amazing, so different than the run of the mill you tend to get. I was so glad we hadn't gotten any bread because we would have demolished the sauteed clam sauce. My wife had a very fresh and tasty salad and I had a lobster bisque made just right, meaning wonderful flavor but not as thick as you tend to get. I ordered the lamb chops ala mama which were excellent, also very good was the accompanying cauliflower au gratin. My wife had a phenomenal deconstructed beef wellington, which she couldn't finish and had for lunch the following day. I'm going back just for that, it was that good. Drinks are well made, wine price list is reasonable and wine by the glass isn't skimpy. Service was great, attentive but not overtly so. We unfortunately couldn't muster up the courage to try one of the tempting desserts. This would be a go to establishment if we didn't live an hour away. As it is, I'm trying to make arrangements to come back with another couple who haven't been here yet. It's definitely worth the ride.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We enjoyed dinner recently with our children and grandchildren. The owner was excellent in coordinating our reservation, and all staff was super attentive throughout dinner - including the 2 little ones. Calamari was the best I ever had, lobster scampi was excellent, and our daughter-in-law thoroughly enjoyed the Steak Au Poivre.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Great restaurant, nice feeling there, great food and nice staff - outside and in on the river by the beach

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I had a very difficult time finding a place in Newport that would host my son's rehearsal dinner. I came across Fifteen Point Road and so happy I did! Sean and Carly did a wonderful job meeting all of my needs and requests. Eden our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu, the food was hot and most importantly delicious.

Thank you for making this a memorable evening!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Nice restaurant, sat outside on the deck overlooking the water which was very nice. Food was also good.