“most surprising find”

Thai Basil Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 158 Restaurants in Pawtucket
Reviewed 18 July 2017

great food and presentation, and super service. none of this was expected in its location
next to a Dominos, basically a tiny strip mall.

if they got rid of the huge TV and the take-out counter, this could be a high-class Thai restaurant with higher prices ;(

Reviewed 6 May 2017

This is a new place so I stopped in expecting a few tables with mostly a take out service. How wrong and pleasantly surprised I was to find a very clean, neatly decorated restaurant with many tables and a great atmosphere. The food was even better, fresh and very
tasty. The sauces were offered by degree of hotness desired, its up to you which is nice. The menu has a large variety of veggie/meat/seafood so all would be happy. Great prices too, Ill be back.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I work in the area and was looking for some lunch takeout. I've driven by this place, but was unsure of it (being next to a Domino's scared me a little). But I took a chance. The inside is very clean and nicely decorated. Not a big place, but plenty of tables to sit. I ordered the chicken pad thai, my favorite. And it was great!! And cheap. And I learned I can call my order in beforehand and just pickup.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

This newly Thai restaurant is so good. The place is relatively small, nicely decorated, friendly and the food delicious. It is made to order and you can choose your level of spiciness from 1-10. You will thoroughly enjoy it. If you are in Pawtucket, RI it's one to try

Reviewed 18 January 2017

One might drive by without noticing this new, small restaurant on the corner of Newport and Columbus Avenues in Pawtucket, particularly as some of the windows are purposely darkened to provide privacy for dining room patrons. I have not eaten in, but the dining room is charming, clean, and spacious. The proprietors are welcoming, gracious and attentive. On my first visit, I was given a delicious complementary spiced Ice Thai Tea while I waited for my take-out order. I have ordered a number of items on the large menu. All portions are generous and the meals are beautifully presented. The Spicy Fried rice is a must, chock full of fresh vegetables, texture, and authentic flavor. I started with “6” on the hot spicy scale and found 4 more to my liking. The proprietors are helpful with choosing the heat level for each dish. The Pad Kra Paw Entree (Thai Spicy Basil) with choice of meat was wonderful and I have ordered it several times. The Red Curry Entrée was also delicious, savory and satisfying. In all cases, I have found the quality is consistent and portions large enough to provide two meals. In fact, the quality of the dishes was not lost when reheated, which attests to the freshness of ingredients and preparation. On busy nights, wait times may be a little longer, but for Thai cuisine of this quality, it is well worth it to me.