“The best sushi and sashimi I have had in awhile.”
Review of Yama Fuji

Yama Fuji
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2015 via mobile

Went there today after a doctors appointment and wanted something light wasn't quite sure what I wanted so I ordered the chef special sushi and sashimi plate it was probably some of the best fish I have ever eaten in a long time. the only place I can compare to is the bite me restaurant in Kailua Kona Hawaii. The fish tasted like it was fresh off the boat not a hint of being frozen. it is a bit on the pricey side but for the quality I absolutely recommend

Reviewed 31 December 2014

We have been going here since they opened a couple years ago. It was the first time we tried sus h i and we loved it. Our favorite is the lovely roll (little spicy). We also love the traditional golden fingers, the hibachi fried rice with beef is the best fried rice i have had ever. The udon noodles is a must. Nice atmosphere and the wait staff is very friendly. A little pricey but we enjoy the restaurant being so close. We havnt tried the hibachi yet because we just love the items i mentioned earlier.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Great decor, great food, service is a little slow and it's expensive, but it you get the fun table chef you are in for a treat!

Reviewed 28 October 2014

...soy sauce in your hair. We visited for an anniversary dinner and sat at the hibachi. Pre-dinner drinks and appetizers were salmon avocado roll and a Mai-tai and coconut lemongrass nigori sake. The sake was served in a decanter that was a little too big for just one bottle of the craft sake, so I was brought an additional bottle and not charged for it. Surprisingly, per the waitresses comments, sake is not ordered very frequently. The sushi was fresh and really good. The hibachi chef hijinks were definitely original and consisted of sake being squirted (multiple times) into your mouth from a distance from a plastic bottle, sort of like the ketchup bottles you see at an oceanside burger stand. I had sake down my shirt! Vegetables were catapulted into the open mouths of the eager patrons; however, the ones you missed hit you in the forehead or the top of your head and left a soy sauce reminder on your hairline. The food itself was acceptable. At the end of the meal, soy sauce on your clothes and forehead, sake down your shirt... fun times, good place to celebrate an occasion, sort of like the antics you might experience on a cruise.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I guess to be fair this is good to have so close , I have eaten here for Sushi twice and Hibachi once. Honestly I will never go back for sushi. It was not great and very over priced. Habachi was nothing more than "Ok" its a nice atmosphere and it is so close to home... but honestly the only way I would go back is if I had no other choice. I would rather drive an an extra 20-25 minutes to find much better places. Sorry!