“Everyday Eats”
Review of The Village Tavern

The Village Tavern
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Small, off the beaten path, down to earth. Most consider it a pub and hangout. I am not a fancy pay through the nose type of person. Casual comfort for me.
Good menu selection and very reasonable prices. Went just after opening for lunch so there wasn’t a crowd. Waitress was extremely friendly. My friend and I both had sandwiches which we couldn’t finish. Place is not huge and yes at times there is live music so I can see where it may be loud. Just check before you go if you want to hear yourself talk. Go for lunch and there shouldn’t be a problem.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We decided to try this place for dinner. We were in for a great surprise. We expected bar type food but the food is amazing. My husband had the sandwich with brie and salmon. He said it was one of the best sandwiched he had tasted. I went with the pistachio crusted salmon with rice and asparagus and it did not disappoint. It also came with a salad which was so huge that it could have been a stand alone dinner. The waitress was super friendly and attentive. The place is small but well worth the visit. We will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on the road— what a surprise! This restaurant is fantastic. Food was served quickly and absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We met another couple here for dinner on a Friday night. It was our first time here and unfortunately, our last. When you walk in there's no place to wait to be seated and you're hovering directly over people while they are eating. There's only a few tables and so you are at the mercy of others to finish their meal in a timely manner and then leave. Well we stood there for 45 minutes while people who were done eating just sat there socializing. While standing there we had plenty of time to be ignored by the staff and to observe that people waited a very long time to be served. Admittedly the food looked good, but then again, we were starving. The bar is a major part of the place and thus it is very loud. So loud in fact that we had difficulty hearing each other even though we were standing on top of one another. I don't know what time you have to get there to be seated quickly, but don't go unless there's one or two people in your "party", otherwise you'll be waiting a very long time. We ended up leaving and finding some other place to eat We will not be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and prices! We were a hour away from home and very hungry. The service was great . Children had leftovers to last a week. The Village Tavern was clean and very comfortable.