All reviews hideaway suite lighthouse room my husband and i first floor yogurt cool beans three blocks two nights soft sheets fresh seafood bed was very comfortable within walking distance baked apple private bathroom common areas first morning the location is perfect
Reviewed 25 March 2018

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! The owner, Seely, was absolutely incredible. My now-husband and I eloped at Blueberry Cove Inn yesterday through their elopement package. Coming all the way from NYC, Seely generously accommodated us so that we could check in a bit early to get dressed and prepared for our ceremony. She was so incredibly sweet and welcoming. We had our ceremony by the Point Judith Lighthouse and Seely made it fun and perfect for us. She wrote beautiful vows and made it a perfect, beautifully memorable occasion for us. She baked us a 2-tier wedding cake (part of the package, we chose white cake with buttercream frosting and filling) and had a bottle of quality champagne for us. She made our flower arrangements so gorgeous (we chose our flower color as well) and the cake was absolutely delicious. Our room (the Whirlpool Suite) was so spacious and beautifully decorated. The room (1-night stay) came with the elopement package, as well as the delicious breakfast in the morning! We enjoyed coffee, apple cider, bananas and yogurt with Raisin Bran to top it with (genius idea!), then followed by chocolate chip pancakes with eggs and bacon. The entire weekend was a dream come true and I'm so grateful for Seely and the fact that she offers the elopement package at such an amazing price. Without it, we would have been much more on our own! Absolutely recommend if you want the most hospitable environment ever!

Room Tip: If you're looking to elope, this is the way to go!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bribalexander
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I had a weekend planned for my husband's 60th birthday for this upcoming weekend at this bed and breakfast (Blueberry Cove Inn). My husband works for National Grid and due to the outages is unable to make it. I called the Bed & Breakfast to reschedule and to my surprise the owner flat out refused and lied about why she could not reschedule. I will be rescheduling another weekend elsewhere and would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Seely G, Owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

This situation is an excellent example of why travelers should consider trip insurance AND why they should book directly with a property. I am sorry that the guest is unhappy but her husband's work schedule is beyond my control. Perhaps she could approach the employer for reimbursement if the husband was mandated to work. The guest did not book with me directly (either through blueberrycoveinn.com or by calling.) If she had I might have been more flexible with my policies. She booked through an on line travel agent (OTA, like hotels.com, expedia, etc.) and agreed to the cancellation policies when she paid them for the room nights. I could not process any changes or cancellations due to contractual obligations and helped her figure out which OTA she needed to contact. I didn't hear anything else from the guest. The OTA never actually canceled her reservation and I waited until midnight to go to bed because I wasn't sure if she was arriving late. I hope she and her husband enjoy their birthday get-away whenever and where ever they are able to relax.

Remember, every OTA charges fees and commissions to the property and often to the traveler. This drives rates up especially for smaller properties with very slim operating margins. Their contracts often require a property to offer the exact same rate on every web site to reduce competition and to ensure their profits. The unfortunate reality is that small properties like ours are hurt by the restrictions but will never be found on the web unless we sign up. I will never have the advertising dollars to compete with the OTA giants. They will list me as "unavailable" if I don't sign up with them which gives travelers the impression that I have no rooms to sell. This borders on extortion in my opinion. If there is a double booking or emergency beyond the control of the property the OTA has no responsibility to find the guests alternative lodging. Instead, the property is responsible for booking the guest elsewhere and paying any cost difference. This is just a tip of the iceberg that is the unfairness of the current OTA system. Support small businesses and call directly.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

My husband and I arrived here with our big dog after a seven-hour drive. The weather had turned cold and, being mid-November, the summer season was long gone. However, the gracious, large house that is Blueberry Cove Inn was welcoming in the fading light; the brick pillars at the driveway's entrance had twinkling lights, and we admired the stately, grand old tree at the front of the house. We were cordially greeted by Sara, who showed us to our room and also gave us useful tips about restaurants in the area. Our room was clean and beautiful with high ceilings and tall windows. The walls were freshly painted in a cheerful yet elegant apple green, with crisp white window treatments and unusual decor that was well suited to the home's 19th-century lineage, e.g., lovely antique plates and (I believe) replica paintings that were captivating. Lead crystal wine glasses were provided along with water challises. (Narragansett drinking water, by the way, is sweet and pure, even better than our Quabbin water in Massachusetts and that is saying something.) You can order extras at the inn and I had done this; Sara brought up to our room a luscious dark chocolate fudge cake with raspberry creme. It arrived on a silver platter with cutlery and pretty glass plates. Seely, one of the owners, makes these cakes and ours was delicious. As the night was too cold for outdoor dining (with our pup) we brought takeout back to our room from Trio, a bar and grill just three blocks away. We enjoyed delicious fresh seafood (clam chowder, crab cakes, scallops) with a bottle of white wine we had brought with us. Our room had a small leather couch which made dining there a cozy and pleasant experience. Our bed was firm and had soft linens and plenty of blankets. Our bathroom was modern, painted in pale lilac and gray, with a large shower that sported a rain showerhead. Breakfast was served in an old-fashioned dining room. We enjoyed Seely's eclectic teapot collection and the soft classical music. From our table we could watch different bird species at the several bird feeders hanging in the garden outside the window. Seely served us a sumptuous homemade breakfast of baked apples and yogurt, eggs and cheese, sausage, toast, coffee and juice. One could also choose waffles or french toast. She is a witty and personable host and we had a fun chat with her. The ocean and beach are only about four blocks away and the walk is through a pleasant residential neighborhood, with the last block becoming restaurants and shops. Even on a cold day, it was a nice walk with the dog. Blueberry Cove is a one-of-a-kind place, and we would love to return when the trees are green and the days are warm. It was an amazing one-night oasis in November, as we were on our way home from the Chesapeake to the Boston area. As a final note, the pet fee is $25, quite reasonable compared with many hotel chains, and no size limit on your dog.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a lovely time -- the room was quiet, clean, with soft sheets and blankets and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The breakfast was cooked to our order and was delicious.
We totally enjoyed our conversation with the hostess who is kind and thoughtful. We felt lucky to have found it!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I love dogs but it smells like wet dogs. We stayed in a very dark room. I typically love B&Bs but I wouldn't stay here again. My allergies just can't take it. I agree with other reviewers, that this place needs updating and a makeover.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Seely G, Owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

I am horrified that the guest had such an awful stay. I have searched my records and can not identify any guests from her hometown or any recent guests with her first name other than one that brought her own dog. (I wanted to reach out and apologize, and frankly, I wanted to know which room she considered dark since she is a frequent reviewer.) I am mystified as to why she didn't say anything so we could have found her another place to stay. I'm also surprised that she choose to stay someplace with a resident dog that has been mentioned on the web site and in other reviews.
In any case, as with all guests, I wish her well in her future travels. For those of you not completely put off by her review, I encourage you to talk to me if you are unhappy so there is a chance to fix things in the moment instead of suffering needlessly.