Ocean Rose Inn(Narragansett)
US$620
US$451
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$545/night.

Blueberry Cove Inn(Narragansett)
All reviewsprivate balconyocean sidebooked this hotelthe wi fitown beachpleasant staymorning coffeecontinental breakfastpaulineseawallgoodiesipad
Reviewed 3 August 2015

I made a reservation for 2 nights. I made the reservation 2 months in advance. A month before we were supposed to arrive I called to confirm. They told me the reservation was for one night only and the the hotel was full. They desk person could have cared less.After a lengthy conversation he said there was a room available for saturday but it only had a king bed and we would have to change rooms (not so great when you are 2 women travelling together but what could we do?) They had already charged my card for the first night and now said I had to give him my card again. I was very uncomfortable with this. I have never paid for my full trip before I even arrived! He said he couldn't book it unless I gave my card.I gave the card but told him not to charge it. We get to the hotel on Friday and check in. No apologies for the rough start.They were confused why there were 2 rooms booked. I explained that they made a mistake and this was the only option. Again no apologies. My travel companion wanted to use her card to pay for the second night.The desk clerk said "can you just do that in the morning with the other desk clerk?" We check out on Saturday as planned and go off for a fun day. We get back that evening to check in. Ugh same clerk on duty at the desk. We again try to explain what happened and he says hmm I think your room may be occupied. I nearly strangled him.He gives us keys to the room. Lets hope no one is in there! We try to pay with a different card than is on the computer. He can't do it. He says let me write your info down and the night auditor will do it. No real comfortable with this but we do it. We go out to get something to eat. When we return he says " I figured it out and you are all set. I destroyed your info too" We think great at least that is done....well here it is Monday morning. I check my bank account and guess where the clerk charged the room to!!?? I would not recommend this hotel. The staff is incompetent. I understand mistakes can be made but this was ridiculous and we received not one apology!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank JackieT5492
paulinarc2, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2016

I am the new manager for 2016 and I would like to apologise​ for the Hotel due to the issues because the staff was not trained as they should have been. I am thanking everyone for the comments they shared because I know just what I need to do to fix the hotel as the new manager. Thank you for you input.

Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Atlantic House during a bike trip. The staff was really friend and welcoming. Our room had a great ocean view. The beds were firm and I had a great night. It was walking distance to several good restaurants

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We chose the Atlantic House for the location and reserved through their website. The online reservation was for a room that was not facing the ocean which was fine by us. What it ended up being was a handicap accesible room that hadn't been updated since 1985. The walls had been painted at some point. Well, most of the wall as it was blotchy with several colors. All the paint was not on the walls as much of it landed on the mismatched furniture and HVAC unit. The TV hadn't been updated since MASH went off the air. We were grateful that we didn't need the handicap accessibility as the door to the bathroom had a door fixture that does not meet ADA code. The railings along the handicap ramp were rotted. An indivdual who actually needed to use the railing would have been injured. That being said, we chose it for the location that we could walk to restaurants and bars. As long as you don't plan on spending long in the room, the price was OK.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebR1974
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We enjoyed our stay ,The location is perfect as everything is within walking distance.The hotel is very simple and that was perfect for us .Ice machine in the lobby was great for our day trip.Will go back for sure!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the Friday evening of the local 10 mile road race and checked in. The first floor room facing the ocean is expensive for what you receive. It is not very clean as you see discarded trash under the nightstand. WiFi is nonexistent depending on your room location. TV is second rate with poor reception. The bathroom is small and the toilet leaks every time you flush it. The bed was substandard and uncomfortable. The door to the room sagged and was hard to close. Finally we try to leave to meet friends for breakfast the next morning and find ourselves locked in our room as the lock had malfunctioned. We waited for a nice maintenance man to climb over our deck railing and work on freeing us.
Now running significantly behind we checked out early as our room was unusable due to a door that had no lock and will not close.
We were offered a gift certificate or 1/3 off for our troubles. I could hear the poor clerk asking her manager over the phone what can they do for us. He was more concerned about getting the door on the room for the next reservation. I laughed and walked away to meet friends. We will never return. Nor should anyone else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends