All reviewsburner cooktopgrill and picnic tablepaper towelspaddle boatsbring your ownsalt pondrefrigeratorchrisamenitiesbedsmotelsummerbeach
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Close to the beach, walking distance. large room. tiny bathroom with broken window lock. anyone could get inside the room. very dated inside. wicked old stove/oven. old counters and cabinets. the room however appeared clean. beds not very comfortable. room did have a full size frig. dining room table for 4 people. best price in this area. I would stay here again. hope they do some updating for next summer and make the room that I stayed in secure for future guests.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob L
Thomas R, Owner at Beach Ball Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you for your business and for your review. I'm sure that you were in room B4, because that is the only room with a stove.

Six of the rooms at the Beach Ball have been completely renovated but time ran out before we could get to B4. For that reason we charge slightly less for that room. Perhaps you had a chance to see some of the other rooms; all tile, improved lighting and kitchen, two burner cook top instead of a stove. I think you will like the room better when you return.

Thank you again and see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I specifically chose the Beach Ball Inn because I wanted a room that included a refrigerator and other kitchen amenities. I also wanted to bring my 2 Pomeranians with me and the Beach Ball and Sea Shell are the only hotels that are pet friendly in Misquamicut. I spoke to both Chris and Erik on numerous occasions, they were not only helpful and friendly, but really went out of their way to help me select the right room for our needs. Chris was extremely patient and helpful when changes needed to be made and he never made me feel like a bother, if anything, he couldn't be any nicer or accommodating! We didn't end up bringing my dogs, but won't hesitate to the next time.

The room - B1, can accommodate 6 people, we had 4 in our group and there was more than ample space. Bright, colorful, cheerful room, especially loved sitting out on the Adirondack chairs on the balcony/walkway. The room itself has 3 beds. One of the beds is in a separate bedroom and has it's own TV. Kitchen is well stocked with all you need, plates, silverware, knives, etc. Full size refrigerator, sink and a 2 burner cook top.

The beds all have memory foam mattresses and are comfortable albeit a bit on the firm side.

The only minor drawback was the bathroom, the shower stall is small and ladies, shaving your legs can be challenging. The pedestal sink is tiny and there just wasn't any room for toiletries, etc. Was it a big deal? No and we certainly made do. I just might suggest maybe a row of hooks along the wall leading into the bathroom to hang towels/bathing suits, etc or a couple of hooks on the back of the bathroom door would be a great help!

The grounds out back are well kept and there is a grill and picnic table. There is also a door at the rear of the room that opens to a back deck, nice little surprise!

You also have access to the amenities of the Sea Shell right across the street, jacuzzi, paddle boats, loungers, picnic tables and a grill and the area is just beautiful overlooking the pond, very well kept as well.

The beaches, both private and the state beach are a quick and easy walk. Plenty of dining and shopping all within easy walking distance too.

Since there are only 8 rooms at the Beach Ball, you get to know your "neighbors" everyone is friendly and the management discourages any late night partying and loud behavior.

Some suggestions/tips for anyone considering this great little hotel:

If you are particular about your pillow, bring your own. The pillows on the bed are fine, but you might be happier with your own.

Bring your own paper towels and/or napkins if you plan to use the kitchen as these items were not provided, but I have a feeling if we asked, we would have been accommodated. We did bring our own and glad that we did.

If you need an extra blanket, just let someone of the staff know. Our first night there was colder than normal and Chris provided us with 2 great blankets.

Overall, this is a fantastic option in Misquamicut and I would not hesitate to stay there again and again. Give them a try and if something isn't right or not meeting your expectations, please give them a chance to remedy it while you are there. I guarantee the owners/management will do all they can to insure your stay is the best it can be!

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you are needing and they will make suggestions based on your needs.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I would like to thank Deb the Owner, Chris, Eric and of course the wonderful cleaning staff. Chris and our dog Gidgie and I, had the best vacation! The best place to stay if you are looking for a great time in Misquamict. See you next year! Thank you again, Kim

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay,close to beach! Nice clean rooms. Excellent customer service. Going again this month.Best prices around the beach.They have paddle boats to use across the street. Can walk to everything!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

So in fairness, the location is great, short walk to beach and the staff were nice and helpful. But...the floor was dirty, swept at best, and our first night there was no top sheet til we asked. Coffee maker (no cups) and inexpensive plastic cups, bowels and plates. No paper towels and no shelf or rack in shower to put soap/shampoo on. Scimpy, no chairs except two seat cafe table. But some other nearby rooms have similar reviews and higher prices.
The location was good, but oh they need curtains as the front was too well lit and all night bright in room. So you could bring stuff to compensate.
Across street is the sister Sea Shell motel, same owner. Behind sea shell is a nice picnic area with grill and kayaks to borrow on a salt pond. Eric was helpful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple