All reviews burner cooktop grill and picnic table paper towels paddle boats bring your own salt pond place to stay refrigerator chris amenities beds motel summer beach
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Back to that bad review by customer, they were prob grouchy or didn't get something in there room and took it out on the place.
Beachball inn had been totally renovated or close to it.
Me and my buddy stay here all the time and the people running it are the best in the business. Very great price for what you get. Highly advise staying here it does get booked up fast as its a top place to stay for the money. Don't pay attention to that one bad review from a grouchy person or competitor which happens.
Thx mike D & Dan

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thomas R, Owner at Beach Ball Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your helpful and much appreciated review. Grouchy people are more likely to complain, whether their points are valid or not, than happy people are likely to praise a business. We address grouchy complaints and make changes where necessary, and we follow up with happy people too.

I hope to see you again soon, thanks very much.

Tom Riley

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Had reservations for Wed. and Thurs., 8-24-25. My wife and I are glad we went there. Chris, who was working the front desk, was there when we checked in. He was neat, courteous, informative and a good representative. The property is in the ideal location and only 100 yards from the beach. There were a couple of kayaks and a paddleboat patrons could use during their stay. Also, the 4 person hot tub was operational and well-maintained. There was a grill and picnic table in the rear yard. The room was in excellent condition as it was recently renovated. The daily rate is most likely the lowest in the Misquamicut Beach area and was well worth the money. Anyone considering going to Misquamicut should definitely give them a call and make a reservation. We will be going back in the very near future. Also, the housekeeping staff deserve mention as they are the ones who gave us a spotless and clean room. From Joseph Dombrowski, Hamden, Ct.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas R, Owner at Beach Ball Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Hi,

Thank you very much for your glowing review! We have a lot of work planned for the winter so when you stay with us again we'll be even better.

Tom Riley
Sea Shell Motel / Beach Ball Inn / Sea Spray Inn

Reviewed 15 August 2016

A week with the kids + dog at the Beach Ball - perfect location + amenities. Stove and full fridge so you don't have to go out for every meal. Hot tub or try a kayak at the Beach Ball if you get tired of the beach (which is close enough for even the smallest kids to walk to). The people were great and pet-friendly means you're not worried about, or paying for, Fido at the pet spa. We'll be back for sure.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ThreeRoysandaDog
SeaShellOwner, Owner at Beach Ball Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Hi,

I'm glad that you and your family members, both two legged and four, enjoyed your stay. We take pride in the fact that we are the only pet friendly motel in the area.

I look forward to your return, thank you!

Tom

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We just stayed at the Beach Ball across the street from the Seashell Motel (same owners). We were very pleased with our stay, and particularly with being able to bring our dogs. Very close to the beach, also access to the Salt Pond in back of the Sea Shell, with free access to the paddle boat and two kayaks. Great time all around and we will certainly be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that you were happy with your stay. It is a very convenient location for everyone, and we take pride in our facilities and our amenities.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Tom
Beach Ball Inn / Sea Shell Motel / Sea Spray Inn

Reviewed 19 July 2016

This place is absolutely disgusting. If we were not so exhausted we would have drove home and let them keep the money. The comforter smelled of vomit. I took all bedding off and we slept on sheets. The soap dish was rusty and the whole place was filthy. A lot of low income / low life stay here. I was astonished how the people around us thought the place was fantastic. Did they not hear the rodents running through the walls at night?? Super creepy / super dump. I felt like I violated myself by staying there.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SeaShellOwner, Owner at Beach Ball Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with our accommodations. I would like to address each of the points that you made.

I disagree with your characterization of our guests as being "low income / low life". We speak on the phone with each person who books a room rather than allowing online bookings. We do that specifically to get a feeling of the people with whom we are dealing. Our written and posted policies call for quiet after 10:00PM, no profanity, etc. and any guest that causes problems is flagged in our reservation system and not being welcome back. In rare and extreme cases we are not hesitant to call the police and eject a guest from our property, exercising our legal right to do so. We have a very large percentage of returning guests, and a large number of families with children, so we have very little tolerance for disruptive guests.

As far as the room being "disgusting" and "filthy", we have housekeepers in every single room every day. If the guest is there for more than one day the housekeepers make beds, empty trash and replenish towels, TP, soap, etc. When a guest has checked out the housekeepers, in addition to the overnight tasks, also remove all bedding, scrub and sanitize the shower, sink and toilet, clean the refrigerator, microwave, dresser, pull furniture away from walls to clean behind and underneath, clean mirrors and windows, wash any plates and utensils, and vacuum everywhere. It is never acceptable to me if a room is not cleaned properly; the housekeeping staff know that and they perform accordingly.

If the comforter smelled bad then we would have given you a new one right away had you asked. In saying that I am not trying to put any responsibility on our guests but we want our guests to be satisfied throughout their stay rather than having to apologize to them after the fact. If we have an opportunity to address a problem immediately, be it noise, cleanliness, maintenance, or whatever, then everyone has a better experience.

Regarding the rusty soap dish, that is my responsibility and I will correct it. Likewise with any mice that you may have heard. This is the first report we have gotten of any mice and I will correct that too.

In closing, I hope that if you come back to Misquamicut you will stay with us again. If the Beach Ball is not to your liking we also have the Sea Shell motel across the street and the Sea Spray a short distance away. Thank you for your feedback.