“Best Thai Restaurant on Aqidneck Island”

Bangkok City Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 89 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I go to Bangkok City restaurant all the time. A husband and wife team own the place and are always present which might explain the consistently good quality of the food they make from scratch and graciously serve. It is a bargain for lunch and lots of people go there for take out. The atmosphere has a bit to be desired but it is always clean and there are windows all around. The sparse atmosphere might explain why not so many people go there for dinner. But don't be put off. The dinner menu is inexpensive, portions just right and food fresh and excellent. You can always find a parking spot right out in front.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Always the freshest winter rolls to start. All the dishes are done in great Thai tradition. We always opt for not too spicy. We often eat here and are never disappointed. Mango Lassi is a great drink to go along with the meal. The traditional Thai deserts are a treat if you still have room.

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

I'm not even sure you could call it food. Very disappointing. The Pad Thai was bland, monochrome, and unappealing.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

the Thai Fishcakes (10 small pieces) were just line the ones you get in Thailand and a must try. We also had the seafood Pad Thai and the fried rice which was acceptable (can't go wrong and you can't really be creative with these). Both were very generous servings. We also had a stir fried mixed vegetable dish as both the rice and Padthai didn't have any vegetable to speak off except some bean sprouts. Fast efficient service and they even had the traditional pumpkin with egg custard dessert which we couldn't have as we were too full. The bill with 2 Thai teas came up to just under $40 so very good value. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

1  Thank Rusnita2014
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I've been there when I first moved to RI five years ago, but I don't eat Thai food often, so I decided to go to try their "winter rolls" and I asked them to make the dipping sweet chili sauce "hot" and they were so good, they are very similar to nime chow. I will definitely return for more. I'm not an expert, but I definitely wouldn't sleep on this place if you are in the area and want Thai Food.