“Wonderful views and nice short hikes”

Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Middletown
More attraction details
Owner description: A rich variety of habitats from salt and freshwater marshes, to grasslands to sandy beaches and dunes make this 242-acre nature refuge an excellent destination for outdoor and birding enthusiasts.
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visited this natural area, and enjoyed a short hike out to a couple of the shore access points, and one of the lookout points. The hike is fairly easy (and the maps tell which are the most and least strenuous), and there are some lovely views of the water. A good day's activity if you like walking, birding, or fishing.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We went up to Newport to visit our daughter who lives and works there. She took us on a beautiful drive and we stopped here at Sachuest Point to visit the wildlife center. The area is just wonderful and there are deer to be seen in the landscape.
Inside are some interesting displays showing types of wildlife and also ways to help keep the environment looking as nice as possible. A lovely painted mural is on one wall. The store also has some great items, shirts, hats, and many small items to take for gifts.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

A great place to walk with a view of the Atlantic and the Sakonnet River, just about anytime of the day. Love going there after dinner to see the deer feeding and the sunset.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I walk this about three times a week. If I get there early enough, the deer come to wish me a good morning. After the remnants of the tropical storm Hermaine, I could witness the powerful waves crashing to shore from the different designated lookouts. My friend and I rested on a bench overlooking the water and watching the fisherman fish. He had no luck that day! The paths are wide enough so that early bird runners can pass by without knocking me over! I truly remember the time when I watched a snowy owl fly from top of a tree limb to the informational building.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

A beautiful 3 mile walk through abundant wildflowers and shrubbery, lots of ocean views, and a great rocky shore. Many songbirds, shorebirds, and the occasional deer. A wonderful walk. Visitors center is also interesting.