All reviews room was clean small gym quiet area family wedding would stay here again rhode island the staff was friendly and helpful would highly recommend this hotel short drive close to downtown upon check indoor pool off season no frills the cliff lobby patti
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Newport and we decided to stay at the courtyard because they are always consistent and helpful. We were welcomed with a warm smile and the entire staff was always pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again when we return next year!

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I was prepared to give this hotel a good review until checkout. When I reviewed my bill I saw it was $17 more than the figure I had been quoted over the phone. They did not honor the senior discount rate of $203. They went back-and-forth with me about how the rate was $220. I found my confirmation number which they looked up and said it was also the 220. I continued to reiterate the conversation I had had on the phone with their desk agent the evening before when booking the rate and had asked if they could discounted it anymore and she asked if I was over 62 I said yes and then and she said they could do the 203 senior rate.

When the desk staff continued to say they couldn’t do anything about it I pulled up on my phone and showed a $203 senior rate for tonight. They said that’s for a king bed you had two Queens which is $220.

At checkin was told there were no kings available or maybe there would be on a different floor or it would be accessible I said I was very tired I said I really don’t care whatever is closest. There was no mention that because they could not honor my reservation I would be charged more for the queen beds.

John at The front desk who did the checkout and finally gave me the rebate of $17 was very unpleasant to deal with. He got quite the attitude and told me just to go on with my day and do my business whatever I had to do. I was irate with him because I felt that I had been lied to about the rate. He took that personally that I was calling him a liar and said he had never called anyone a liar in his life.

I won’t be staying at a Marriott courtyard again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2018

This hotel is located approximately ten minutes from downtown Newport. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are both clean and welcoming.The staff is professional. The pool area is clean, and the outdoor/indoor pool unique. We also enjoyed the courtyard area in the pool area. I would highly recommend this hotel. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We received a warm and friendly welcome from the receptionist, who was most helpful. The room was clean and tidy and exactly as expected from the Courtyard brand. The gym was small and probably 5 people working out were enough in the room.
For our one night stay it was very acceptable

Room Tip: View over the car park
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

love the pool, love the service, love the service, the hotel it self is well maintain, we ate breakfast at the cafe they have and it was really good. we stay in this hotel every labor day since my whole family is off from work we all love this hotel

Room Tip: first floors rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family