“AS GOOD AS EVER”

Ranked #11 of 302 Restaurants in Cranston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017

A few weeks ago my wife and I joined another couple for lunch at Twin Oaks. I have been eating at twin Oaks, on and off, for over 40 years. I must say everyone in our party was supremely satisfied with their meal. I had the eggplant parmigiana, which I had never had before at Twin Oaks. It was as good (or better) as any I've ever had, plus the portion was huge in typical Twin Oaks tradition. I had a side of delicious cheese ravioli, sourced from Venda Ravioli in Federal Hill. Some have commented that Twin Oaks was slipping, but we found it to be as good as ever.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

A friend who is local took me here to enjoy some great food while dinning alfresco on their outside patio overlooking the water. They have a very extensive menu and list of daily specials. I enjoyed the daily special of Lobster salad sliders - they were fresh, overloaded with tender sweet lobster and more than I could eat. My friend enjoyed the succulent tender bone in pork chips with delicious seasonal vegetables- they are huge, tender and very moist.

So happy we came to dine - we will be back!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place is a classic. Old school with waiters and large portions. I'm from Illinois, live in Florida and this place has the BEST lamb chops I've ever seen and tasted. Also the veal chop and lobster salad which you get a whole pound of lobster. 1st place we go when we get in the state of Rhode Island!!!!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I have been frequenting Twin Oaks for over 40 years now. I have had at least 200 meals there. Once, and only once was I not satisfied!!
If you want great food, great service at a R.I. landmark, then Twin Oaks is where you need to be!!!
Great cocktails, excellent appetizers, steaks and chops cooked perfectly! Classic Italian dishes too! Order the famous Pewter platter with a side of raviolis.....you will love it!!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This place lives off the hype of many years ago. They used to have excellent waiters who were known for memorizing every order. The waiters now try to do that, but tend to fall short. I'd just rather they write my order down so it comes out correctly.

The food is pretty good. They used to have top quality steaks, now they are average. They have updated the menu and hiked up the prices, but you can still get a decent meal at a fair price.

The atmosphere is pretty dismal. It's in serious need of an update. The rugs are old and the bathrooms are not kept clean. The lobby has a rancid smell.

We have some family members who still like to come here, so we visit from time to time. It has it's ups and downs.