“Getting my fix of eggplant parmesan”
Review of Mike's Kitchen

Mike's Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 302 Restaurants in Cranston
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The eggplant was nice and thin and piled sky high. You can also order an eggplant sandwich to go. Good spaghetti sauce. Many Italian dishes at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Only in RI would you love to go the post on date night! The food is amazing... traditional and local. The people are amazing... traditional and local as well!! I've never had a bad meal in all the years I've eaten here. I have not lived in the area for a while and love going each and every time I come home.

I will say our last experience was spoiled by our waitress.... whom we gave a 30% tip to and never said thank you to us. We sat for a while finishing our drinks and waited for her to say something, or even wave in gratitude. We realize how hard they work there with a particular and demanding crowd, however that's what working in hospitality is all about. I will continue to eat there but I will never tip again. All the other servers can thank their college while they work for free.

2  Thank Lesley H
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

When u walk in it usually packed, the bar and the kitchen are 2 separate units. If you order a glass of wine it taste like it comes from a 50 gal drum and it not that good at 3 times the cost, I like Tripe(an old Italian favorite , which u can't always find ) so when at mikes I always order it, 20 min later it comes in a small bowl at 5 times the cost of any other restaurant , and truth be aside it sucks, go to Ralph's kitchen on Plainfield get 3 times the dish at half the price and taste 5 times better

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Let me start off with, strickly cash, no credit cards. You have a waitress and a beverage server, two different tabs.
Remember, this place isn't know for there cheery wait staff although I did see one waitress smile, ours didn't, so don't go into Mike's for smiling staff.
Okay, enough of that I'm here to talk about some Great food!

We started off with the Calamari with the hot peppers. The Calamari was very tender and the hot peppers arrived in a little bowl.

My wife ordered the Shrimp Scampi with perhaps the largest shrimp I've seen for this dish. I make this at home as I've never had as good as mine. That changed today.

I had the Chicken Parmesan. The piece of chicken was very big and very moist. The sauce (or gravie) as I know it was excellent. I'm a big eater but didn't finish it so I also got a side of pasta and sauce to go.

This place has been around forever and I never went there, shame on me. We live in Attleboro, MA so we're not around the corner but in my travels my wife said when you are in the area, she would have the same thin.

Please give it a try and remember, you are there for the food and if you get your waitress to smile, consider it a bonus. I still tipped our waitress more than the 20%.

1  Thank Keith M
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Great, homestyle Italian food served in a simple atmosphere...VFW Hall. The menu offers Italian dishes you don't ordinarily find in most run of the mill Italian restaurants - stuffed squid, stewed rabbit, sausage & rabe, baccala, etc. Calamari and veal parmesan were delicious. Large portions, reasonable prices. Service is efficient but not overly friendly. Check hours of operation.