“Rude Bartender”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Powers Pub
Cuisines: American
Description: Great little pub with live entertainment and delicious food. It opened a few years ago as a bar only, but in the last year, they've hired a professional chef, renovated the kitchen, and added lots of great menu items. The shrimp quesadilla and margarita pizza are my favorites.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Hey lady, you appearantly didn't know this but you don't own the street in front of your door. It's public parking. I'm not sorry parked with my bumper 6 inches in front of your door for 5 minutes.

There's no need to be rude and chase people out in the street because obviously a mom with 3 kids obviously isn't a potential client for your gay bar.

Date of visit: August 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I've been to Powers a couple of times recently, and happy with both. Some changes have added interesting art to the excellent food and drink; Powers now has a very sophisticated while friendly atmosphere to it. (Full disclosure: two of my photographs are on display). At the bar, there are some very tasty draft beers and a lineup of creative martinis. (I had the Fred and Ginger. 'Tis Tasty!) . Friends in the neighborhood report that they often stop in after work for a relaxing beverage and sometimes stay for dinner. I am looking forward to their calamari with peppers, garlic butter & balsamic glaze. They have regular specials nights; visit the website. http://powerspub.com/index.html

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Wondering what happened to this place. Brought a friend visiting Providence for the first time. I thought we could show her Pawtuxet Village and a little gem called Powers Pub. What we got was a smile-less, unwelcoming bartender who made our drinks with little or no acknowledgement. It was a Saturday night, a dozen people in the place should have been enough to have received a more welcoming experience. We waited some time for her to come by and make us another round, but it took so long that we decided to head out to another spot downtown. Its too bad because I really like this place.

Date of visit: November 2011
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We visit Powers often. On our recent visit, we shared the Barbeque Pulled Pork Pizza. It was flavorful and perfectly cooked. For a small bar, Powers has a good variety of beers, and the bartender is fast and very good at her job. There is live entertainment most nights, and a Pub Quiz contest on Mondays.

Date of visit: April 2011