“Great ice cream, less than stellar service”
Review of Daily Scoop

Daily Scoop
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Barrington
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Delicious ice cream makes it a worthwhile trip. Great location right near the bike bath. They take cash only which is not very convenient. The staff are young and inexperience - not service oriented. They get impatient with customers and can be rude.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

They're always closed when they're website or Google says they're open. They're rude about closing times when you ask. They try to get you out of the store as quickly as possible. They only care about a sale and I've had better ice cream. They're own quality was better in recent years. Extremely over priced for ice cream. Every location is like this. Poor service, poor quality. Pass it up.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 August 2017

One Sunday, my husband and I were bored and wanted to go some place new. We decided on Barrington, but we already had lunch, so I suggested we find an ice cream parlor. It was a very hot day, and ice cream would certainly hit the spot. Daily Scoop was at the top of the list for good ice cream in Barrington, so that is where we went. My favorite kind of ice cream is chocolate peanut butter, which was on the menu, but I always order that kind. I chose chocolate fudge brownie, and I was delighted by how delicious it was. My husband had banana chip, which was banana ice cream with chocolate chips. He said it was very good. We each had one scoop, but the size of the scoop was more than enough. They do not accept credit cards at Daily Scoop (we didn't know this beforehand, so we had to go to Shaw's and get some gum with debit for the cashback!). If we're in the area again, I'd probably want to come here again because I love ice cream.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Yes, you read that right, by far and away the best ice cream I've ever had. And let me tell you, I've had a lot of ice cream. Their Apple Pie ice cream is the stuff dreams are made of.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Great ice cream can be had here -- lots of variety, plus your choice of waffle, sugar, or wafer cone. It's not exactly cheap eats here, but you're getting quality for your money.

Date of visit: August 2017