“Outdated & dirty”

Days Inn & Suites York
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in York
“Outdated & dirty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

This place is in need of some serious renovations. The bathroom was tiny & the ceiling was full of mold & water stains. The coffee pot looked as though it had never been cleaned & food was left in the refrigerator. Room was decent size, but the bathroom was TINY. Good enough for a 1 night stay, but nothing else.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Gserodgers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Castle, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

When I read some other reviews, I was a bit hesitant but the VolleyBall team that I was here to watch was staying at this hotel. I took a chance and was pleased. The rooms were good sized and were very clean. The beds were comfortable and well appointed. There was a refrigerator, microwave, TV, shampoos, hair dryers, coffee and tea -- everything needed to make your stay comfortable. The Harley plant was not far away and there were lots of eateries near by. The continental breakfast was not extravagant but was tasty and adequate. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The price was half of other nearby hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathryn R
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I dont want to waste too much energy on this review, but seriously - avoid, avoid, avoid, AVOID. Worst hotel, bar none, I have ever stayed at. we booked online, choosing the 'pay early and save option' and when we arrived late at night, we were lucky enough to argue with the desk clerk and manager for about an hour that we had already paid and they were not to charge us again. they still didnt understand, and ended up charging us twice. we received the refund after a lot of screaming and name calling. On to the hotel, first room had a broken window with a trash bag covering it - second room (yes, we requested a move) smelled so bad we both almost threw up when entering - smelled like mould, it was horrible. You couldnt breathe. Even the person showing us the room gagged. Third room - second floor (hope you dont have a heavy suitcase) - didnt smell bad, but anything would smell better than the second room - there are marks on the walls and furniture, not small marks, its dirty, dusty, the toilet seat didnt fit the toilet (what the hell?!?!), the shower needed serious cleaning, it was just horrible horrible horrible. the staff are horrible, unhelpful and rude. breakfast was disgusting. we were in town for the fair (concert) and will gladly shout to anyone who wants to listen, do not stay here. ever. even if they pay you. worst hotel ever.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these York hotels

Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

There were 3 main issues with the room. First I only booked this hotel because they have a pool and my little girl loves to swim so when I checked in I requested a room by the pool and that request couldn't be met because of room assignments and I was ok with that. What I was not ok with was the fact that I got my little girl in her swimsuit and life jacket and she was all excited only to discover that the pool looked like a swamp and was not fit for swimming in and the desk attendant had to have known this prior to my little one getting all excited. Huge disappointment. Secondly, I don't know if the ventilation was bad in the room or if the previous person had cats in there but the room smelled horrible, I only took out the clothes that we would be wearing and placed the rest back in my car so that my suitcase and other clothing would not absorb the smell of the room. Lastly, if you are not going to offer quality internet don't advertise it, I was in a handicapped room right next to the office where one would assume the wireless router would be kept and the signal was so poor I couldn't even connect. So just to recap I was stuck in a room that smelled like a home off the show Animal Hoarders with an angry 6 year old who couldn't swim and no ability to surf the internet to pass the time, will I ever return to this hotel or probably another Days Inn....No !!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank WillisFamily22601
Altoona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Son wanted to visit Gettysburg Battlefield and then go to HersheyPark the next day. Booked a room in the middle of both places-30 -40 min each way . great room for the price. very roomy, clean, beds are comfortable and have enough fluffy pillows for the bed. They give you a continental breakfast but 5 minutes away is a denny's for breakfast-I sign up on their web site and receive coupons regularly for 20& off. this hotel is along a stretch of a huge variety of eating and shopping places. you really have an assortment. easily access to rt 83.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor. room was very quiet. ice is on the 1st floor passed the pool area. no e...