“Excellent Brunch & Lunch menu”

Charcoal Steak's 'n Things
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Yardley
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My sister and I stopped in for lunch after a long hard morning of shopping at Yardley Harvest Day. They were relatively busy but we were able to get a table by the window. The view of the river is so pretty and serene, It helped us take our minds off of how much money we spent. Our server was top notch, patient and so friendly. We had a bit of a struggle deciding what to eat since Charcoal offers their brunch and breakfast menu until 2pm on the weekends. There are so many great options.My sister and me both decided on the Grilled Portabella sandwich on rye with cheese and grilled onions. It was excellent and not too greasy. Our sandwiches came with sweet potato fries which were good as well. Their coffee is excellent, by the way, and they were kind enough to make my sister a decaf iced coffee. When my sister visits again she wants to try brunch. I am all for that!!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Anytime we're feeling in a celebratory mood, Charcoal in Yardley is at the top of our go to places because the culinary team of Mark & Eric Plescha, and Jared Remer know how to create kitchen magic & have never let us down. Armed with a bottle of Mumm's Napa Valley, we delighted as steam wafted off our order of homemade bread served w/ creamy Vermont butter that melted on contact. My husband's starter course was Summer Cucumber served w/ blueberries & charred radicchio w/ buttermilk dressing - light & delicious. My salad consisted of beets, slivered celery, crunchy farro berries w/ tonnato sauce - creative & tasty. For our pasta course, we chose again from our favorites: Worcestershire Fusilli w/ herb-roasted chicken, mushrooms & Marsala wine for himself. I couldn't resist their Radiatori w/ Bacon Bolognese, Arugula, Egg Yolk Sauce & topped w/ a mound of shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - superb! For his main course, spouse selected Griggstown Fried Chicken drizzled w/ lemon pepper caramel & served w/ baby lettuces & pickles - a crispy delight. My Grilled Striped Bass served w/ Saffron Butter was fork-tender - a delicious light offering. Such a lot of food in a nearly two-hour time span, but we had to have dessert - he chosing Budino (polenta pudding w/ chocolate mousse) & I the warm Cinnamon-Sugar Brioche Donuts w/ coffee caramel sauce (knowing full-well a good portion would be going home for breakfast). What a wonderful way to celebrate.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

It's been awhile since we've stopped in for a hearty breakfast. This time, we were seated right away, but had to wait a VERY l-o-n-g time for our meal to be served. And, it wasn't all that busy. There were plenty of empty tables.

The pancakes were just okay. The french toast was good. But, nothing to write home about. Overall, it just didn't wow us.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We are talking about Bucks County ,where palates have been honed on tastykakes, valveeta and other such refined offerings.As a result, fancy and complicated sounding menus impress, irrespective of skill or quality,hence the culinary desert.Charcoal is a rare find in the area;passion focused on good quality ingredients and perfect execution.The menu is creative with a few cleverly selected options in each section.Outstanding home made fusili ,prepared cacio e pepe,crispy but exquisitely tender octopus,terrific shrimp with ink pasta ,striped bass and equally good light fried chicken with a pickled pineapple flavored batter.
Clearly great care taken in preparation and short menu had something for everyone.Service a little slow but perfectly pleasant and helpful.BYOB.Prices more than reasonable and setting informal.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Great Korean fried chicken sandwich & grilled romaine salad. Of course the brioche donut with warm caramel sauce is the best way to end a meal. They were very accommodating to our needs