“Great Asian restaurant”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Came here with a great friend for lunch and dinner in 2013, 2014, 2015. Great Appetizers, Entrees. Service was nice too. Definitely check out Charming Garden.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have had many of the dishes and they are all good- Hawaiian fried rice is excellent
Servings are large and service is excellent

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Eat here - you will not be disappointed. I have been coming to Charming for almost 20 years. The food, service, and ambiance had been consistently outstanding. Their food is fresh, light and flavourful, with a wide variety of options for many different tastes. The restaurant is clean, and the staff is friendly and accommodates any dietary modification. I have never been let down.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

When i first moved to the area, I ate here often. Over the past few years, they have gotten a bit cheap on everything from portions, to extra charges for everything . When I asked for more duck sauce and noodles on a rather large order, they charged me. I thought it was a bit ridiculous. Also, food has become a bit bland in my opinion.

1  Thank sojourner1960
Reviewed 11 May 2017

This is an honest assessment of my experience tonight at Charming Garden. It's not a gripe-fest, but unfortunately there isn't a lot to report that's positive.

Ever have one of those evenings when some good Chinese, Japanese or Thai food was the only way to go? That was tonight for me. I had looked forward to going back to Charming Garden for the first time in a while. BIG mistake.

First, I'll say that the service was OK (the only reason I didn't give the restaurant one star rather than two) . . . no problems.

That being said, the food was just plain awful. Steamed vegetable dumplings were heavy, thick and soggy. My entree was chicken with mixed vegetables, and I had asked that one particular vegetable be omitted. It wasn't. The chicken was noticeably undercooked. Most of the vegetables were somewhere between room temperature and cold. Spring rolls were soft and greasy with oil pooled on the exterior, not crisp. Basically, I ate the dumplings and almost none of the rest . . . declined a doggie bag, too.

NOT recommended. Go elsewhere.

2  Thank NooYawkMama