“IS IT JUST ME?”

Firehouse Subs
Ranked #3 of 6 Quick Bites in Wyomissing
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Since I LOVE subs (hoagies) and found myself across the street from Firehouse Subs I figured I'd try one! I sat in the parking lot, first, and went to TripAdvisor to see what the reviews were - after all, I was in a mall shopping center with lots of choices. They had a 4 1/2 star rating and reviews seemed to be good. So I went for it! The place was very clean .. that's always a good start! I was a little peeved at the young lady taking my order as she was constantly playing with her hair while I was ordering. I needed to make sure if she was making the sandwich she put gloves on or washed her hands - but the counter is high and you can't see over it ..didn't matter, OCD that I am I strained on tip toe and did see her putting gloves on. OK .. so, home and onto the food. The sandwich was very big - definitely a two hander! But the roll was not connected so the bottom kept sliding from the top. I was not happy with the roll anyway because it was soft and entirely too much bread ... it killed the taste of anything in it! I tried to pull some bread out but it was quite a mess by then. Who makes a sub on a soft roll anyway! The "innards" were good though. I ordered the Italian sub so lots of fresh meat and I loved the shaved ham. But it isn't a place I would visit again .. unless I heard they had "real" sub rolls! LOL

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Really am a fan of Firehouse Subs. It becomes a trip down memory lane for me seeing the old photos and turn out gear. My favorite sandwich the hook and ladder reminds me of my days riding a ladder truck. The sandwiches are all served hot after a steaming. They have combos with a sandwich drink and chips. As a retired FF I get the combo for free. Just a little perk from the brotherhood of firefighters.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Whenever I am near one of these restaurants... it is a must stop. All their subs are great. I especially like the Turkey Club...loaded with turkey,ham,bacon,cheese,lettuce and tomatoes and toasted warm.This chain is operated by firemen and they always give back to their local communities. Located outside the Berkshire Mall near Sears.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

Some very good sub combinations. I love the Sriracha Beef. The soda machine is fun. The staff are pleasant and friendly and very helpful especially if it is your first visit.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

I thought the subs were very good. I like the Coke machine where you have a bunch of different options. The only down fall is it is slightly over priced.