“Always a Good Meal”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadcasting Road
Transit: BARTA bus stop at Paper Mill and Broadcasting.
Reviewed 27 December 2015

We go to Buca's regularly and we always have a good meal. The service was good and the food was prepared well. We requested the 1893 salad and they don't offer that anymore, but the server asked the kitchen to whip one up for us and they did, much appreciated. We had Spaghetti and Meatballs, the meatballs are huge…. Also had the Chicken Saltimbocca, it was very good and the only minor compliant is that the chicken seemed to be frozen and not fresh. A great improvement for them would be to use fresh ingredients. Overall very good meal! The server did a fine job and checked on us often.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

$10 off newspaper coupon makes this an affordable dining place for three people. Salad plus one entree puts your meal at around $7 each, with all the bread you can eat. But if you want variety you'll have to go somewhere else. Big family sized portions limit your selection to one or two dishes that everyone will have to agree upon. If everybody wants to order something different you will end up with a "week's worth" of leftovers. It's a loud and busy place, so if you have a small group of three to four people and prefer a little peace and quiet during your meal, I would recommend dining in the lounge. Years past, when the kids were small we ate in the kitchen...yes, we sat at the kitchen table...and the chef passed out pizza dough for the youngsters to play with while we waited for our meal. I would recommend the kitchen for a fun and memorable family meal, pots and pans clanging in the background, pasta steaming. Overall our food was fresh and tasted near homemade. I would come back again with 3 people and a coupon to make it cost effective.

Reviewed 9 December 2015

Went there for a birthday dinner, made reservation to make sure we were able to get good table. Was seated by service area with view of used linen, not exactly the atmosphere I was looking for. When I asked for a better table, I was told it was busy. I asked again for another table was then shown to one 10 ft from the first, with the same view of the service area. We did not stay and I told the wait staff on the way out. Only then did they offer a better table. We went somewhere else. The manager left me a message to find out why we didn't stay, when I finally spoke with her and explained the situation, she replied, "no ones complained before". After speaking with her for 20 minutes, she still didn't get it. After all is said and done, she offered to send me a coupon for a discount, as of this writing still hasnt shown up. Wont be going back to this one for obvious reasons.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Easy to find near shopping strip with plenty of parking. I recommend making reservations for the weekend evenings. If you sign up for their email club you will receive a free pasta coupon. We were a party of five adults on a Friday night seated in the doggie booth. This was somewhat secluded which was great for our own conversations and the décor was eclectic with pictures of pooches from vintage days - woof! Just a fun atmosphere. We had a great time. Our server was attentive. The food was delicious. For appetizers we had the bruschetta (served in a large martini type glass), stuffed mushrooms (in a good pesto sauce) and the mini meatballs along with their good homebaked bread. Our entrees were the small servings of the cheese manicotti (very good), seafood linguini with mussels, shrimp, etc (was a bit spicey) and a chicken dish with artichokes, bacon and capers (my favorite). We were full from all the food and took the left overs home as there was enough left for lunches the next day for all of us. All in all a very pleasant experience. We will return!

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

Wow! What a terrific way to spend the holiday with the fabulous food. Their Thanksgiving Feast was superb! Turkey was moist, seasoned & tasty! Spicy sausage stuffing yummy & garlic mashed potatoes delicious! Atmosphere is so cozy with small rooms decorated with pictures everywhere. Totally family style. Very casual. Homelike!