“Nice Dinner”
Review of RockBass Grill

RockBass Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
RockBass Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: RockBass Grill features casual dinning offering fresh cut fish & steaks. We offer a raw bar that changes on a regular basis. Enjoy dining with a view of the Susquehanna River. A private dinning room for up to 30 people is available.
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I had a business dinner and cocktails at RockBass, and enjoyed the evening.

The bartender was very friendly and crafted nice drinks.

Our server Mitzi was also friendly, attentive, and efficient.

We had the Shrimp Alfredo and Hoisin Salmon. Both were very good and arrived at the table very hot.

The restaurant is very clean and well maintained. The view of the capital is nice as well.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Our 11th Anniversary wanted to try this place.The food was so so good.The portion were big.Would
Definitely go back again to try something new

Reviewed 9 July 2018

On the west side of the Susquehanna River this is a great view of both City Island and the Capital of Pennsylvania. The menu is always fresh and well presented. Make your reservations early and ask for a window seat. If the weather is good, ask for a outside table.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

It was pretty slow when we went, so service was fantastic. Our server was very personable and shared some good visiting tips! We were able to snag a window seat and the view was beautiful. But the best thing by far, was the food!! By far some of the best food I have had in Pennsylvania (including larger cities, like Philadelphia).

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant before and it was very good. Today, my husband enjoyed his meal.... mine was not so good.
1- We felt forgotten after we were seated. Other people had their drink orders taken that were seated after us. Our waitress ended up being very nice... maybe she didn’t know we were seated.
2- I ordered a sweet tea, extra glass of ice. Extra ice was not brought to my table and the tea tasted.... HORRIBLE! I asked the waitress if she brought me a flavored tea instead, and she said....” I know, it does taste a little funny.” I then just asked for unsweetened. I’m telling you... I have NEVER tasted tea SO bad!
3- I ordered the scallops platter for $29.95. I asked for the scallops to be seared very dark brown and well done. When they arrived, they were a typical light sear and cold in the middle. I sent them back only to receive almost the exact same sear on my second platter. The waitress said the chef told her that that is the way pan sear is done. My husband tried a scallop and stated his was also cold in the middle.
I just feel if you pay almost $30 for an entree... it should be cooked to the customers satisfaction.
So... I might return again to this restaurant, but .....if I do, I will NEVER order the scallops again!!