“Slow service, bland food”

Ozzie & Mae's 36 West Fourth
Ranked #34 of 180 Restaurants in Williamsport
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Bar featuring Mexican House Specialties, Steaks, Seafood and Pasta Dishes. We have many gluten free and vegetarian options
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived at 6:15 intending to go to an 8:15 movie. The inside of the restaurant isn’t that large and I counted at least 5 employees serving. We were seated immediately, and that is where the good service ended. There shouldn’t have been any trouble getting service, because the restaurant still had several empty tables. No one came to take our drink orders for at least 15 minutes. My husband and I generally take a while to decide what we want to eat, but when she finally came around to take our orders, we were ready for her. Our appetizer (onion petals) came out after about 30 minutes and we did not get our meals until 7:50. My order was not correct (I didn’t say anything because it had already taken so long to get our food), and neither of our meals had any flavor. We are from the South, so we are used to more spices, but this was bland even by PA standards. I had steak and chicken fajitas and I do not think they even used salt on the meat. The chicken was completely dried out. When the waitress brought us our check, we were immediately ready with payment, but she walked away. After ten minutes of waiting for her, I had to get up and find another server to take our payment. I won’t be back and definitely would not recommend the place. The only redeeming factors were that it was clean, had nice decor, and the staff was friendly if you ever managed to catch any of them. Needless to say, we did not make our movie.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

How can you go wrong at a Mexican restaurant with queso dip and chicken quesadillas? The queso had no flavor, the chips seemed stale and the chicken was obviously canned.

The restaurant had great reviews, is locally owned in a beautiful historic downtown location. Service was good, somewhat crowded with what appeared to be locals. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, but these are pretty basic Mexican food fare.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The food isn’t bad but it’s pretty bland if you want real Mexican taste. Service was good and plate was enough to fill you, but not spicy enough to get your blood pressure up. Street side parking was difficult also. Go early.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

They have moved across the street to a fabulous new location.

Same great menu and and service.

Bar and TV .

1  Thank ke613
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit this place after a recommendation from some friends. We were not disappointed! The new location is in an old bank building built in the 1800s. The architecture is lovely! We were greeted by a very pleasant woman who didn't mind that we looked over their menu first. We were seated and promptly greeted by another woman who took our drink order. The Reisling was perfect! They had some yummy looking margaritas too, but I didn't try one.

The menu is extensive with plenty of Mexican choices and lots of steak and seafood choices as well. While reviewing the menu, we had a lot of staff members stop by to see if we had questions, so there were plenty of recommendations. We finally chose and I had the flautas... very good with shredded chicken and a yummy ranchero type sauce. I could actually have used more of that! My sweetie had a steak filled chimichanga which was enormous and he loved it. They served chips and salsa to start our experience, which was great and a welcome addition to any Mexican meal!

The waitress was concerned that the dishes may be too spicy for us, however, we both agreed that even more spicy would have been fine. I added some Chalua (sp?) hot sauce to my rice and beans which was good. We will definitely be back and highly recommend stopping by Ozzie and Mae's when in Williamsport.