All reviews room was clean front desk road trip upon check an overnight stay long drive great room convenient location pleasant stay the mohegan sun casino one night stay staff was friendly julia roofs pet motel mia
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Good service! Had all the amenities and requirements

I would definitely visit this hotel as compared to the ones in the area.

Good staff ! I had a problem in the middle of the night and a tech fixed it that late

DT

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dipin T
Krunal P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Wilkes Barre Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our high standards of cleanliness and were able to provide you a comfortable experience of Red Roof Inn at Wilkes Barre ,PA . It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great time with us and we thank you for sharing your five star experience! .
We try hard each and every single day to provide our guest best service and best price for our guest. We will be waiting to assist you again in future too ..

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We stay at a lot of Red Roof Inns and my husband and I both agree that this is one of the worst that we’ve been to. The property lights are out on the way up the hill to the property, making it feel scary before even making it to the lobby. When we got checked in, we found light bulbs missing from the lights above the bed and got very little sleep as there appears to be a large number of “residents” at this hotel who socialize all night long, many who sit on their chairs outside the doors of their rooms. The young man in the room next to us felt it necessary to hold all phone conversations outside his room as he paced back and forth on the balcony outside our room. We could hear every word of his conversations and were afraid to complain. We stayed three nights and instead of feeling like a customer, we felt that we were dropped into a hotel neighborhood. We did not feel safe here and will not stay here again. We also would not recommend this Red Roof to other travelers.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Check the dates on the reviews you look at. I am a long time Red Roof Inn client. I am a Redicard member and I stay at Red Roofs several times a month. This is the worst Red Roof Inn I have ever stayed at in my life. The thin man at the front desk that wears the same knit/sweatshirt material dirty blazer that I saw him in in June, is the rudest man I have ever met. I seriously would not stay here if the room was free. I thought my stay in June was bad but this was the Clincher. I didn't even check in because he was literally screaming at me. I could hardly believe it. I went straight to the Motel 6 which was a significantly better stay at a better rate. This is seriously enough for me to rethink Red Roofs all together that's how bad the situation was. I very rarely leave reviews so listen up! I am telling you,staying here will ruin your trip. You will be in dirty accommodations by people that burst into rooms and be treated horribly at check-in and check-out. I don't know that could possibly make anyone feel good.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank shcommand
Reviewed 16 July 2018

My gf works at a different Red Roof Inn location and recieves an employee discount that is pretty nice. She cleared it with her manager and booked a room here exactly a month in advance. She was told that her employee discount would be honored here. When we got close we called to confirm that they had our room ready and could check in. They said yes. When we arrived we were checked in, our voucher was accepted and our debit card was billed for the remaining amount. Just after we unpack the manager comes pounding on the door and rudely tells us we have to "get out." He then claims we never had a reservation and simply "walked in with a voucher." He was very rude and unprofessional. He made my gf feel very uncomfortable and embarassed already. As we're trying to work out a resolution he calls the police. There was a big music event nearby and every hotel was completely booked. Since he could get full price for the room that night instead of giving it to us with our discount like we were told he decided he would just throw us out with nowhere to go. Besides the fact that we were already billed for the room and did nothing wrong. We offered to pay full
price for the room but were told we could not. The police arrived and seemingly agreed with us that this was wrong and I thought maybe they could do something for us. But they told us they could not and we had to leave. We were told our card would be refunded right away, we're still waiting. The manager continued to pound on the door and harass us as we packed up our belongings. Needless to say there was a puddle of water on the floor in the room, the comforter on the bed looked like it had never been washed, the toilet seat had urine on it, and there was a dirty towel. I would never stay here again especially under the current management. I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph G
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The Red Roof Inn in Wilkes-Barre should not be a consideration if you are on vacation or traveling with family. We were in the area to hike and just needed a simple hotel for a one night stay. Upon arrival — inner city people were loitering in doorways and in the parking lot, cars appeared to be pulling in for a few minutes and then leaving. I did not feel safe. The front desk cancelled our reservation for us and we went elsewhere. DO NOT book your stay here if you are on vacation or traveling with family...it is NOT that type of hotel.

Rebecca A.