“Charming setting, good food”

Cork Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 287 Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Cork is in an old building that once housed a neighborhood bar, with the family that ran it living upstairs. Now downstairs is a nice bar plus restaurant tables; upstairs is several, separate rooms for dining, all charming and intimate; and a patio open during nice weather. The food is very good, too, and the menu is varied and imaginative. Appetizers are especially good; try the edamame dumplings or the coconut chicken. Italian food is all good, so is fish and seafood. Some nice dinner salads as well. One caution: service does tend to be slow, so don't be in a rush. Telax and enjoy!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Aside from the SLOW service (and I think it was just a matter of it being a Thursday and they were REALLY busy) our meal was delicious. The blend of flavors in everything from the Bruchetta to the Portabella Mushroom appetizers to the Cork salad to the crab cakes it was delightful! Kelly was our server and she was accommodating and, again, even tho' it was s-l-o-w, she was a sweetheart! My husband has a really tricky diet and they got his meal perfectly! we will certainly return!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The food and service are amazing at cork . My husband and i have eaten there several times and will continue to return many more, everything we have ordered has been delicious.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Took family to one of the top rated restaurants in the W-B area. My family eats out often and my 23, 19 and 15 year old have become quite the critics. The building is quaint in a house that has been laid out and decorated to be unique. Overall the food was very good with my group having everything from a filet, pasta and seafood. The only detractor from the experience was the long waits for drinks, apps, salads and entrees. We would have ordered dessert and coffee but we were all tired after the 2.5 hour meal. The server was excellent I just think there is limited kitchen capacity. We were there on a Saturday evening at 7 PM and the restaurant seemed to be winding down after a busy evening. Will probably give it another try to see if it was an anomoly.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome place!! The food is fabulous!! Not to mention the martinis are the best I ever had!! The specials are always unique and tasty. Makes me feel like home