“Stopped for lunch”

Soumaya & Sons Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Whitehall
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I was doing some training in the area and was in need of a place for a quick lunch. Found this jewel on trip advisor not far from the Airport. Like other reviews stated, it is a deli/bakery. They sell spinach pies, meat pies that you can reheat as well as bulgar and tabouleh salad, stuffed grape leaves, babaganosh, cheeses, teas, spices, baklava etc. the pita bread is made daily and very inexpensive! I purchased the Zattar pita which is marvelous- baked covered in roasted rosemary, sesame, olive oil and other spices. Mediterranean olives available from deli in bulk or in huge inexpensive jars. The wonderful aroma of fresh ground Turkish tea fills the place. There are other ME items to be had- like aryan, rose water candy and such. My lunch consisted of a beef Shawarma on pita with tahini, onions, tomatoes and parsley. I also had a bulgar type salad from the deli for a side. Both were delicious. I bought some pistachio halva for later.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Me and my boyfriend stopped on Friday for bread and falafel sandwich ,all I can say is wow great food and wonderful service ,my boyfriend was so happy with the sandwich and he wants to go again and agin I wish we had that place near us .thank you for wonderful experience .

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Try the chicken shawarma and the falafel; they are life changing! Cookies are also incredible. You will not regret eating at this divine, authentic, and exotic eatery.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

This is a take out only Deli and Bakery. The best and freshest Pita, Zatar, Meat and Spinach Pies. Authentic Syrian, family-owned establishment.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I was a traveler from the Midwest to the east coast this past week and my family took me to this place after they picked me up at the airport. The combination store, bakery and deli is a quaint family operation with a few little surprises in every corner. We ordered lunch, which consisted of different types of filled wraps made fresh and were extremely delicious. The family was warm and welcoming as we sat for our meal to be prepared and served. If I had the time, I would have gone back for every meal time to try all of the different types of wraps. I, myself, had the supreme; which was beef filled along with lettuce and tomato with a special garlic sauce. I would suggest purchasing one of their macaroons or other little delicacies for a sweet treat after eating. As I said in my title; I loved it so much the first time, I had to go back. I also wanted to bring a little bit of this Syrian delight back to Omaha to share so I purchased some desserts to bring back with me.

1  Thank Eric C