“Normally, I don't review fast food restaurants, but this place is really good!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Popeye's Chicken Store #11571
Ranked #45 of 100 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 25 July 2016

My girlfriend and I were in the mood for fried chicken. I'd noticed that there was a Popeye's in Whitehall. I'd only ever been to a Popeye's once before. It was in Newark, New Jersey, and we were in the wrong part of town. There was bulletproof glass between customers and the cashier. You needed a key that was attached to an old piece of plumbing to use the rest room. The chicken was good, though.

Anyway, we decided to give the one in Whitehall a try. The fried chicken was outstanding. I had the spicy, and my girlfriend had the mild. The biscuits were above average, and the Cajun fries were delicious. The cole slaw was only so-so (this is probably the only item where KFC has Popeye's beat).

The staff was competent and courteous. Prices were reasonable and the restaurant, including the bathroom, was clean.

I will eat here again next time I crave fried chicken.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Fast food mostly Bayou style chicken/seafood. Food is good but prices a bit steep and menu a little sparse

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

We have visited this location several times and more often than not they are sold out of something or the chicken isn't ready.. I've even ordered a po'boy once and they told me they didn't have any rolls to make it, even better was when they told me they didn't have any mayonnaise and it wouldn't be there for another 4 days.. Umm really, why not have the owner get some from Sam's club or somewhere? Would be great if there was someone there that actually knew what inventory they needed to order so they would have plenty of all items on the menu. Also if you're going through the drive thru, don't take a large vehicle that sits up high enough that you can look inside, many times I noticed that the floor was dirty and there was food particles all over everywhere you could see, and if they drop a sauce pack on the floor they have no problem picking it up and tossing it in the bag with your food order (that is just gross)

Date of visit: April 2015
2  Thank ctj41
Reviewed 9 November 2014

This place serves the same quality chicken I used to get when living down south. The staff is friendly, and helpful, The chicken is hot and crispy, and the atmosphere and cajun music makes it all fun. I love the spicy chicken and the mashed potatoes with cajun gravy. This particular location keeps it authentic and feeling like southern hospitality in a northern location. If you want great southern fried chicken,this is the place to go in the Lehigh Valley.

Date of visit: November 2014