All reviews waffles room was clean convenient location fourth floor hot breakfast free breakfast ski season shower head toilet paper fast food indoor pool soccer tournament hotel chain burger king nice place to stay hot tub hard boiled eggs
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We were in the area for an event at the Pocono Speedway and this hotel recommended on their site was conveniently located and the pictures made it look better than what is really is. I'm used to nicer hotels and I had a feeling this one wouldn't be great after the one we had just stayed at in Lancaster (Hampton Inn). After checking in and seeing where I was going to be for two nights, I was about ready to leave and go home. My teenage son and daughter felt the same way. In fact, we did talk about heading home a day early but we would have lost the money for our 2nd night and at the rate of $127/night, I could not give them my money for free. Instead we sucked it up and got up very early (3am) the 2nd morning to head home. It is in major need of updating. The entrance doors to the lobby are in need of replacement as they are sliding doors and their track is worn down. The carpeting is in need of replacement. The room just felt and looked grimy. I am glad I had Lysol wipes with me. The bathroom is so small that only one person can fit in it at a time. I'm not sure why the toilet is kiddy-corner to the shower but it makes the room even smaller to navigate. The faucet leaked all over the counter so you could not keep much on there. The toilet would run a good 5 minutes after flushing. The bathroom door was sticky and gross feeling. We were on the fourth floor which is the lobby floor (thankfully) and it is confirmed that floors 3, 2, 1 are underground! I will say the beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was fine too. There was one nice clerk at the front desk when we checked in so I avoided the mean women mentioned in other reviews, but I could tell they were there for the evening shift when we came back after dinner. All in all, we were very glad to leave this hotel and I will probably not stay at a Comfort Inn ever again.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 4 or up so you will not be underground!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Our stay was o.k. for one night while traveling through the area. The hotel is conveniently located just off I-80. The room was comfortable enough and while most of it was clean, it was clear that they had not cleaned the toilet. When I called reception to let them know, the receptionist was very apologetic and sent someone to clean right away. The breakfast was fine, but nothing special. Still, I appreciated that it was included.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

It’s an affordable hotel so you get what you pay off. Let me just start off by saying there’s a WAWA walking distance from the hotel do big plus! Otherwise it was ok. The staff was fine I had no real issues with them but then again we only stayed for one night. The room itself was very outdated, and the carpet was sketchy. It didn’t appeared vacuumed or well kept. The inn is about 15 mins from the whitewater challenges so it was convenient. The hotel wasn’t great but it wasn’t bad. It did its job, giving me a place to sleep.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Heatherwaltz, General Manager at Comfort Inn-Pocono Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your opinion and will share with our staff!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

My wife and I spent two nights here during a road trip to the Poconos and were quite pleased with the accommodations . We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the room was nicely appointed the bed was very comfortable and ,most importantly, everything was clean. Our room had a coffee maker, small refrigerator a microwave and a safe. There was also a coffee pot and water cooler in the lobby. The complimentary breakfast was a typical motel buffet but there was a nice selection and the food was fresh and tasty although the dining area seating was limited. I have only one complaint, the window in our room overlooked a very well lit parking lot and although there were light blocking curtains they were open at the sides and without a valence the light flooded around them and lit up the room but I won't let that keep us staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We will share your review with our staff to help improve where needed and to help continue with every effort to make all our guests have a comfortable stay.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Don't expect a smile and a welcome when you arrive. The two ladies working the front desk were harried and sour. Best I can say is they got the job done. That was our first clue this was not going to be good. When we got to our room after 7 PM we found multiple hairs in the bathroom and trash on the floor of the room. Also the floor in front of the TV seems like the carpet is covering up crumbling concrete, rotted wood, or something worse. It was uneven and disconcerting. Stains on the curtains. Even at 7pm housekeepers were still cleaning rooms, and judging by ours, I would say straightening and not cleaning. Our towels were not folded neatly when stored under the sink and we wondered if they were even clean. We touched only what needed to be touched. I slept in my clothing. Hallways and elevator were dirty also. Breakfast was typical for the chain, and was probably the only thing that was decent. I will never stay here again. This property has serious problems that need to be addressed. I question whether I can trust the hotel brand in the future.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple