“Time with my lovely wife.”
Review of Hot Metal Diner - CLOSED

Hot Metal Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 December 2015

Been there twice in the last week just to have some quiet time with my lovely wife during this Christmas season. Breakfast can't be beat!! Pancakes are the biggest in the Burgh! Great place and great service.

1  Thank BEEBQ

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Love this place. The food for breakfast is just awesome. Planning a ride from D.C. to the burgh and will bring the motorcycle gents to this location for some eats! Bacon was great and the sausage even better but I do say the pancakes...you can't eat just one. In fact its so big you can't eat a whole one! Awesome stuff and thank you!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Ever see a pancake as big as a steering wheel? Well, nearly, and it was good! We enjoyed our breakfast and reading all the sarcastic and funny bumper stickers and posters around the place.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

We decided to go here after I ran my first 5K and needed some food to refuel on! Being from the local area we had seen the place many times, but never ate there due to the hours of 6a to 2p. Since it was still relatively early we stopped by. It was pretty cool. Grab a menu and find a clean table sign greeted us which was nice, no waiting around for a host/hostess. Good diner-style coffee and generous portions of food. I had the Home Boy (pic below) and it was outstanding. Pretty much a grilled cheese with egg and on Mancini's bread to boot! My wife had a combo platter of eggs, bacon and potatoes. The decor was neat, kind of a mix between 50s and a biker place! We will return.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Ate there this morning for a late breakfast. The parking was easy and plentiful. The decor is 50's, nicely casual. You grab a menu and find a clean table. Our server Jennifer was friendly and service was prompt. One of us had Eggs and Corned Beef Hash which was very good. The other had Bacon and Eggs with a side of French Toast. The eggs were good and the bacon was nice and crispy. The french toast was made with Italian bread and might very well have been one of the best I've eaten.