“Good Old Austins, There When You Need Them”

Austin's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in West Lawn
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Austins has been around for a long time in the Reading ,Pa. area. Went there recently for dinner and had a very good meal. Ordered Pulled Pork and a Sirloin Cheese Burger fixed my way. I LOVE their cole slaw. Soup not as hot as I wanted it to be but passable. It's a little on the noisy side but what large restaurant isn't. They also serve a loaf of warm bread with butter you can slice yourself. We don't eat their regularly...once in awhile...there are other places I would go on a more regular basis.

1  Thank Clive E
Pete D, Owner at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Clive, thanks for the very nice review. Happy to hear that we are one of your places that you can always count on when you want a great meal & great service. Hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operations/Owner.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Austin's has a great variety of excellent food, but at the end of the day, for me at least, it's all about the meat. They truly have the best ribs I've ever tasted and the balance of the menu is also recommendable. If you prefer seafood or chicken, you're also in for a treat. The Crab Cakes are extraordinary, and the Chicken Oscar is to die for. So ... do yourself a favor and stop by Austin's. It's sometimes hard to get seated right away, so remember, they also do a great job with take out. Enjoy!

Pete D, Owner at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Gibbled371, thanks for the great review! You are so right about the ribs. Best Ribs Anywhere is right. We look forward to your next visit and don't forget that we do take reservations if you don't want to wait. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operations/Owner.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Food was cold filet mignon was ordered med rare came out well done twice. Asked for a martini cold straight and up w 2 olives and received warm vodka in a cordial glass with 2 olives. Horrible experience 45 minute wait for searing and 1 hour be for first piece of well done filet was delivered to the table. Absolutely one of the worst dining experiences I encountered. I attempted two other times the second as a second chance, vowing never to return. The third after a friend begged me to go. Same results lousy food , lousy service.I DO NOT RECOMMEND eating or dining there not even for your dog.

Pete D, General Manager at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

SocArmyBird, my name is Tammy Stamm and I'm the General Manager of Austin's. I am stunned to hear about your experience because as you can see with our reviews we pride ourselves on great food an great service. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this experience as well as your previous experiences. If you would be so kind to call me at 610-678-5500 or send your contact information to jbdawsons@yahoo.com I would be grateful. Sincerely, Tammy.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stopped in for an early dinner yesterday afternoon, on 8/9/17. My wife had never been, so I did the honor and ordered for her. I order 2 ribeyes that were marinated with ginger, soy sauce, and pineapple sauce. She said it was just like in the Philippines only better. The mashed potatoes were good. We also order the baked beans and coleslaw. We found the slaw to be dry, needed more mayo maybe. The steaks just melted in your mouth. I order the corn bread. What a treat that is. Very well made. I highly recommend it.

Pete D, Owner at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Whandforth, thanks for the very nice review. So glad to hear that you loved everything & I will make sure that the cole slaw is being made properly. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operations/Owner.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We have gone to this restaurant multiple times, have not been disappointed. The "team approach" works well here, providing excellent customer service. The staff is friendly and everyone pitches in to help. Special mention goes to Hunter, who was very pleasant and helpful. The food is consistently excellent as well. I would recomend this place to everyone.

Pete D, Owner at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thanks for the great review and your continued patronage! I will make sure that I let Hunter know about this review. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operations/Owner