“Lousy food and bad service”

Austin's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in West Lawn
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Food was cold filet mignon was ordered med rare came out well done twice. Asked for a martini cold straight and up w 2 olives and received warm vodka in a cordial glass with 2 olives. Horrible experience 45 minute wait for searing and 1 hour be for first piece of well done filet was delivered to the table. Absolutely one of the worst dining experiences I encountered. I attempted two other times the second as a second chance, vowing never to return. The third after a friend begged me to go. Same results lousy food , lousy service.I DO NOT RECOMMEND eating or dining there not even for your dog.

Pete D, General Manager at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

SocArmyBird, my name is Tammy Stamm and I'm the General Manager of Austin's. I am stunned to hear about your experience because as you can see with our reviews we pride ourselves on great food an great service. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about this experience as well as your previous experiences. If you would be so kind to call me at 610-678-5500 or send your contact information to jbdawsons@yahoo.com I would be grateful. Sincerely, Tammy.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stopped in for an early dinner yesterday afternoon, on 8/9/17. My wife had never been, so I did the honor and ordered for her. I order 2 ribeyes that were marinated with ginger, soy sauce, and pineapple sauce. She said it was just like in the Philippines only better. The mashed potatoes were good. We also order the baked beans and coleslaw. We found the slaw to be dry, needed more mayo maybe. The steaks just melted in your mouth. I order the corn bread. What a treat that is. Very well made. I highly recommend it.

Pete D, Owner at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Whandforth, thanks for the very nice review. So glad to hear that you loved everything & I will make sure that the cole slaw is being made properly. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operations/Owner.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We have gone to this restaurant multiple times, have not been disappointed. The "team approach" works well here, providing excellent customer service. The staff is friendly and everyone pitches in to help. Special mention goes to Hunter, who was very pleasant and helpful. The food is consistently excellent as well. I would recomend this place to everyone.

Pete D, Owner at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thanks for the great review and your continued patronage! I will make sure that I let Hunter know about this review. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operations/Owner

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We went here Friday evening after work for a light dinner. There was a half hour wait for a table so we chose to sit at the empty bar. My wife chose a salad with strawberry vinaigrette dressing. which she really enjoyed. I had the potato soup which was a meal in it self. The service was great.
We got right in at 7: Pm on a Friday night. Within a half an hour the place was jumping. When I was working we ate lunch her a lot. The food is good, service and prices are good.

Thanks for the great review! So glad you loved everything. Sincerely, Pete DiCarlo. Director of Operation/Owner

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I have been here a few dozen times. I returned last night with my daughter and we both got ribs which are excellent. However the service… 3 times we had to ask for our drinks to be refilled. More frustrating is if my daughter asked, I then had to ask for me . If I asked, then my daughter would also have to ask. Each time we had to flag our waiter down to do it. The place was not that busy.

The salad: Okay I ordered Creaser and when it was brought out the women had her thumb on the top of the plate where the food was. Her hand was not gloved. I worked in a restaurant decades ago, and still know to carry a plate from underneath so your bare finger does not touch the food.

Sad the food is good, but the service has become hit or miss.

Pete D, General Manager at Austin's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

BerksPADad, my name is Tammy Stamm and I'm sorry to hear that your service has become hit or miss. We really appreciate the 4 star review but you were kind in giving us that. We pride ourselves on great food and great service and that is completely unacceptable. If you would be so kind to call me at 610-678-5500 or send your contact information to jbdawsons@yahoo.com. I would love the opportunity to speak to you and let you understand how important we think customer service is. Thanks again and I hope to speak to you soon. Sincerely, Tammy.