“Happy Valintine's Day! ”
Review of Dilworthtown Inn

Dilworthtown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dilworthtown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 267 Restaurants in West Chester
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brinton's Bridge Road
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Just perfect! Our experience started with cocktails in the bar next to the fireplace. Very quaint. We had the Chateaubriand and I can't imagine it ever being able to be prepared any better. It was melt in your mouth delicious. I enjoy it two and a half years ago and have been dreaming of it ever since, they did not disappoint! Accompanying the Chateaubriand was the best mashed potatoes I have ever had. Who would of thought mashed potatoes could be anything other than just mashed potatoes?
A great big thank you to the Dilworthtown Inn for a fabulous meal.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

A lovely company dinner in this beautiful inn. Started with delicious appetizers and drinks in a cozy room with fireplace blazing. Dinner was fabulous with excellent service and another nice room with fireplace. Everything from local mushroom bisque to chocolate dessert was first rate. I had lobster cake over risotto that was very good. Steaks looked great as well.

They handled a group of 50 very well. Would return for private dinner.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

From the moment we walked in I knew it would be a wonderful evening. We were meeting our children and the staff offered us special seats until they arrived and got us drinks. Our waiter made the night. He was attentive, full of personality and very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was impeccable in preparation. We come here for special events but had not been in some time and it did not disappoint. It was worth every penny.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I couldn't agree more with many of the recent reviews of the Dilworthtown Inn. This has always been our "special occasion" restaurant, but as of late, the service has gone downhill. When we arrived, the two "hostesses" completely ignored us until I had to say to them, "I have a reservation..." They didn't greet us or talk with us in any way shape or form. I initially just chalked it up to inexperience since they were both quite young. After we sat down (with none of the usual pleasantries you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber), we waited a minimum of 10 minutes before being greeted by our server. We then waited and waited for each and every "next step" of the dinner - - drinks, ordering, first course, entrée, dessert, receipt of bill, etc. We noticed tables around us too who were clearly uncomfortable with the time they had to wait (lots of mumbling and looking around for the waiter). Our waiter was cordial, but never any apologies for the length of time we sat and he lacked the certain classiness you'd expect from a place like this. We sat down at 6:30 and didn't leave until 9:45 - - not by our choice. I'm all for a nice leisurely dinner, but the waits were just too long. We had to pour our own wine and ask for water refills. Not that I'm above doing this, but when you're paying $400+ for dinner and it's a special celebration, you expect a certain level of classiness and service. The food was excellent, but I don't think I'll return.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

I tasted the food at Dilworthtown Inn over 20 years ago at a co-workers wedding reception and a company function. At the time I was early in my career and looked forward to when I could afford to have dinner there. Now that I'm back in PA and further along in my career, I decided I needed to have my dining experience. It was absolutely worth the wait. The food was excellent. The ambiance is wonderful. My wife and I really enjoyed our time there and look forward to going back. It's great to see how they've maintained their high standard over all these years.