Review Highlights
Black river rafting

Awesome trip! This is the second time that my girlfriend and I have taken my mother white water... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Doug M
Delmar, New York
Great day with Whitewater Challengers

My girlfriend and I were asked to go for a fundraiser, I was personally nervous. I have lived on... read more

Reviewed 9 September 2018
Lonny A

All reviews rafting trip dam release lehigh river white water throwing buckets of water ham on the rocks lots of fun the check in process other companies bus ride wear sunscreen wet suits black river great family day change of clothes highly recommend this trip
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Mother’s Day 2018 was a blast with guide Carly Koll leading the way! We were the only raft on the entire river and we couldn’t have asked for a better day. Carly was quite the impressive guide from her water skills, her general knowledge, to her fantastic sense of humor. She made the virgin rafters feel comfortable while still challenging the other rafters. Post our rafting adventure we had a delicious BBQ lunch. I would highly recommend for anyone wanting to have both a safe and great time on the Black River

Ken P, Owner at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thanks for letting us know about your amazing first time rafting experience. We hope you join us again at the Black River or one of our other whitewater rafting locations in NY and PA.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We went white water rafting for the first time today. Everyone was amazing, especially our guide Carly! You rock Carly! Had a blast! We will be back for sure!

So happy to be part of your first rafting experience! We look forward to being part of your next adventure.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Our troop Visits every other year or so
Always a great experience and loads of fun !
Can’t wait to come back!

Thanks for joining us for a Scout Rafting Adventure. We look forward to seeing you on the river again in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The was the sixth time I went whitewater rafting. We went as a large group, and since I had gone multiple times, I was designated as the captain who was in charge of steering the raft. We were doing well and having a fun time. We were about half-way down the river, and our raft became slightly stuck. It was no big deal; we bounced our way out, and continued on. The river guide, who is a Whitewater Challenger employee, started barking directives at me on how I was not steering up to her standard. She paddled over and jumped in our raft! She was acting like a drill sergeant. It was completely ridiculous. She kept yelling at me to, "Dig deeper!" It ruined the entire mood in our raft. No one was feeling comfortable with her in our raft. She said, "I am not leaving until you are steering like a professional." For the record, we are all 40+ year old adults. This has never happened before. In the past, the river guides were always helpful but not overbearing and rude. This particular river guide single-handedly ruined our experience. I am sure she was on a power trip. I will never go again.

3  Thank Dawn R
Ken P, Manager at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

We want all of our guests to have a positive experience on their trip with us. Please reach out to us directly with more details about the trip and the specific guide you are referring to. This way we can take the appropriate measure to make sure this never happens again. Thank you again for your loyalty over the years.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Went this past weekend for a 17 mile trip on the Hudson and I'll admit , at first I was very apprehensive and very nervous but once I told this to the staff, they were very accommodating and paired us with a specific guide. He made it fun, yet safe, which was perfect. It was a beautiful day and the scenery was beautiful. There were a combination of exciting rapids and more calm waters which was perfect for my first time going. We also had a delicious BBQ. cook out at the end. The staff went above and beyond to make this trip memorable.

Ken P, Manager at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks! We are happy you were able to visit the Hudson River, one of our three whitewater destinations. You can also try adventures on the Black River in NY or the Lehigh River in PA.