“Awesome trip ”

Whitewater Challengers
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Weatherly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River is an exciting adventure through the Pocono Mountain Region of PA. Choose from a variety of outdoor adventures from mild to wild. Our most popular trips are our Family Style Whitewater (ages 5+)and Our Premier Whitewater Trip (ages 9+). Great for experienced rafters and first timers. NEW for 2017 is our Premier Plus Whitewater Rafting Trip which offers a smaller, more personal trip option through the class 2-3 rapids of the Lehigh Gorge State Park. Try a more challenging experience with our Whitewater Marathon that takes you through 25 miles of the Lehigh Gorge State Park or our NEW Inflatable Kayaking (Ducky) Trip. No matter your experience level, the Lehigh River offers a trip meant for you! Join us at the Lehigh River Adventure Center to combine your rafting experience with camping, biking, hiking, paintball, and more. Onsite dining services provides three meals a day for a reasonable price. It's the most fun you'll have all year!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Went this past weekend for a 17 mile trip on the Hudson and I'll admit , at first I was very apprehensive and very nervous but once I told this to the staff, they were very accommodating and paired us with a specific guide. He made it fun, yet safe, which was perfect. It was a beautiful day and the scenery was beautiful. There were a combination of exciting rapids and more calm waters which was perfect for my first time going. We also had a delicious BBQ. cook out at the end. The staff went above and beyond to make this trip memorable.

Ken P, Manager at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks! We are happy you were able to visit the Hudson River, one of our three whitewater destinations. You can also try adventures on the Black River in NY or the Lehigh River in PA.

All reviews
"lehigh river"
in 23 reviews
"white water"
in 9 reviews
"throwing buckets of water"
"ham"
in 6 reviews
"great family day"
"change of clothes"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We are a company of 300 employees from NYC. About half our company took a trip to Whitewater Challengers this past summer and we had the time of our lives! Some went biking and others went rafting. Dealing with Nancy Pilecki and all the staff at Whitewater Challengers was such a pleasure. They accommodated all our requests and needs and they did so with the utmost professionalism! Every single employee expressed that this was the very best trip we ever had. We are looking forward to doing this again next Summer!! Thank you Nancy & thank you Whitewater Team!!

Ken P, Manager at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thanks for choosing us for your company trip! We look forward to seeing you next summer.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Everyone was friendly at the check in at the camp. We were a family of 5, we had our parents with us. It was a fun activity for the family.Be ready for a full workout.
Since we were newbies at this we kept hitting every rock on the first half of the trip but the guides were very patient and kept helping us get out again.
One of the guides Rwobeir was extremely helpful, polite and had tons of patience with us. Please remember to bring water shoes and don't wear cotton shirts, you want to wear clothes that dry up quickly.

Ken P, Manager at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thanks! Rafting is a great family adventure. We hope to see on the river again soon for another trip.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I am the Director of Outdoor Education at a PA university. I brought a group of my students to this company for a dam release rafting trip as part of a larger curriculum. Within my career, I've spent a lot of time in and around commercial rafting. I hate to say, this group, on the day we visited, was one of the more poorly ran outfits I've seen. First, check-in was incredibly cumbersome. I had 25 students and it took us well over an hour to get on a bus. Second, and most worrisome, their guides absolutely do not portray the professionalism needed in the role and seemed to lack critical activity specific skills to do the job well. This was my first time on the Lehigh, I watched the "guides in kayaks" system fail over and over. The guides seemed frazzled and spent most of the day screaming. Not a good environment. Sure, they have the standard raft guide jokes down pat, but a few things occurred on our trip out of ordinary and they all came unglued- screaming at each other at times. They gave opposing directions and told clients not to listen to the other guide. One guide got worked a bit in a hole, swam, then refused to get back in his boat. Not the best way to instill confidence with your clients. We probably sat in an eddy for a total of an hour and a half while our guides worked out their stuff- it was just a bad scene. I was more bummed for my students to see people working in our field that were that unprepared and that frazzled by pretty minor stuff. We won't be back.

While we're pleased by the steady stream of 5-star reviews we receive for our guides and for our operations overall, we certainly regret having fallen short in this instance, and we look forward to the opportunity to make this right. We invite the reviewer to call us with any additional details so we can follow up with the specific people who are mentioned here. Getting it right has always been at the heart of what we do and what we strive for, and this is no exception.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Went on a day trip that was to last 3-4 hours with family, friends and a couple of super soakers. What a great time. The guides were fantastic, friendly and personable. We were with others and had water battles the entire way down the river with other rafts, which made it much more fun. There were a few boats that didn't want to get wet ( why go white water rafting), but we honored that. Our trip was exciting and lasted almost 6 hrs giving us ample time to stop and have fun along the way. Scenic bus ride back to the camp, no long waits to return to camp. Sorry I don't have pictures to share. My phone stayed in the bucket of dry items and I used an old water proof camera that I bought at the camp store before leaving. Yes the camp store has everything you might have forgot, even extra super soakers and water shoes. There is a snack bar where you can buy something to eat before leaving or when you get back. I didn't know it, but they also have hot showers that you can use upon returning. If you want to stay here ( We did not-regretfully)They have a game room for kids, paintball, volleyball, tents that they will set up and take down for you. I checked the rates and they were around 7.50 per person per night(can't beat that). Next time we will stay here.
I highly recommend this trip. Great for ages 10 and up.
Again sorry I don't have pictures to post. Check out their web site.

Ken P, Manager at Whitewater Challengers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thanks! And yes, definitely stay with us next year and you will be within walking distance to all of our activities.