“Terrific sushi, sashimi. Excruciatingly slow service.”
Review of Hana Japanese

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Headline says it all. We love their food and think their sushi and sashimi is tops in this area. But we rarely go because there is only one person waiting tables. I guess that doesn't bother others as much because as far as I can tell they've been in business more than 23 years.

Date of visit: December 2013

Reviewed 2 March 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this little family run Japanese restaurant last night for dinner. We liked the seaweed salad that includes several kinds of seaweed. The appetizer tempura was delicious, light and crisp. The waitress guided us in choosing authentic Japanese sushi rather than the Americanized types. They were simple, fresh, and delicious. Next time we will order more Nigiri pieces which are outstanding.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed 24 February 2013

the best gyoza anywhere. Intimate dining room. Wonderful sushi. You truly forget the strip mall location

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I eat out ALOT as I belong to a family of wine importers so if I'm eating, then I am "working". Japanese food has become one of my favorite foods. Additionally, I have no food prejudice so I eat anything and everything that is put in front of me. My only criteria is that whatever is put on my plate must be dead BEFORE it hits my plate…

This restaurant is amazing! The chef was trained in Japan and is extremely good at his art. The food is authentic Japanese food and much thought is put into the dishes served at the sushi bar. If you enjoy eating "Japanese" food at Wegman's or really enjoy California or Philadelphia rolls, then I would recommend that you stick to what you are comfortable with at the Wegman’s supermarket. However, these rolls are begrudgingly served at Hana as most restaurants will inevitability have to dumb-down a dish to please local cultural perceptions.

However, if you are open to new experiences and will allow this talented chef to guide you through the subtle textures and taste of authentic, sophisticated Japanese food then you've come to the right place! I usually never order from the menu and I like to let the chef surprise me with whatever he feels like making. Oh yeah, and btw I frequent this restaurant for the authentic Japanese cuisine.

I have NEVER been disappointed and am amazed by the creativity of the chef Yori.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 6 March 2010

The food is uniformly excellent, the environment simple, appropriate. BYO. Hana has the best sushi in the area, their tempura is light, salad best in town. Prices are very reasonable considering the quality one receives.

Been to Hana Japanese? Share your experiences!