“Poor treatment by receptionist ”

Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

POTTSTOWN Courtyard
We stayed here on June 24th for 1 night and checked out onJune 25th. The night my boyfriend and I arrived, we checked in and went into our room. Later my boyfriend went downstairs to get some snacks and/or fruits. He picked some fruits but when he was busy looking at what else he could get, the receptionist (I believe his name was Neil) approached him and  ask to see his pockets!!! Obviously he had something in his pockets....his keys & wallet. I mean this guy didn't say anything politely...like you would expect a normal hotel receptionist to...like.... Hey sir how are you? What can I help you with? Do you have any questions? He literally just walked up to him like a policeman and ask to see his pockets....
My boyfriend and I have stayed at a Marriott before but this treatment was at a whole new level. The customer service and hotel manager apologized but that's expected, they have to apologize. What I don't understand is if this is what Marriott trains its employees? I mean, this guy Neil probably does that a lot, but what amazes me is the fact that he probably just does this to anybody without even thinking about the consequences. I mean he ruined our entire night. We came here to relax and after a long day the last thing you want is somebody thinking you're stealing fruits!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Barbara B, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Amanda G,
I am sorry to learn that you did not feel my apology was sincere and just something I have to do. My apology and the resolution we discussed weeks ago after this incident was sincere and I thought accepted. If there is something further you would like to discuss please reach out to me. I apologize for the experience your boyfriend had and how it ruined your night.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Price: about $250 each night for 1 bedroom suite,

1. Located close to all; King or Prussia Mall, the new Town Center, freeways, restaurants/ shops including Walmart & a grocery store.

Also located on a quiet business corner.

2. Building; its old and outdated, single pane windows, old AC units barely work, obvious water damage in ceilings, luggage carts have flat worn tires barely carried our bags. Elevator and hallway had a funky smell. Some items in our suite was falling apart like the door stoppers and shelves in fridge.

3. Suite 252; 1 bedroom, separate living room; separate vanity from toilet/bath,

bath tub plugged, mold smell in bath room, dingy shower curtains, doors are misaligned, door stoppers falling off wall, AC units struggling to keep room cool needs to stay on 65 (equivalent to our 73 at home) otherwise it's too warm. Carpets dirty, curtains are very dusty.

Beds are old and full size not queen. There's only 1 phone in the room which is in the bedroom (not ideal with a sleeping baby). Barely any blankets on bed / very thin & dusty.

Pillows were uncomfortable- felt like plastic stuffed pillows - even sounded like it too.

Water damage in what looks like popcorn ceiling.

3. Service; courteous and very helpful staff. Prior to check-in I called to request several items like Pack & Play & towels. Items were in room upon arrival.

The only bad about service, is we had to assemble to the pack & play ourselves- all other hotels (4) we requested the same already set it up for us which is great because we needed it immediately when we arrived. Imagine cranky infant sitting in a car seat for our traveling- she wants to stretch her legs or go to bed immediately & we want to unload our bags and set up. Oh wait a sec- we need to build this thing, duh!

4. Bistro; some bananas were over ripe, pasties tasted old/stale. Should a croissant become hard seconds after warming 10 seconds?

5. Loud & inconsiderate hotel guests. Children left to run around playing tag up and down hall ways, slamming doors. One of their fathers walked down to ice machine with boxers, no shirt and tattoos all over. Thinking perhaps we were the only ones who paid the high price point.

Sum it up- aside from location & service, it's not worth paying the price.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Barbara B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that we couldn't please you during your stay.

Barret Williams
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stayed here for 1 night, and even though the hotel was very full, it was quiet at all hours. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. The lobby was updated and spacious. There is a nice courtyard for guests to use, as well as balconies outside many of the rooms. All employees we encountered were friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs. There is no complimentary breakfast here, but we knew that ahead of time. There is plenty of parking on all sides of the building, and the wooded area surrounding the hotel made it peaceful. The hotel is in a corporate area, but there is a very nice strip mall about a mile away, with places such as Chipotle, Panera, Starbucks, a Fro-Yo place, Five Below, Trader Joe's, and TJ Maxx. We would definitely stay here again, if the price is right.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

the lobby is lovely and modern, and rooms fresh and clean and comfortable, and the indoor pool area/ outdoor seating areas are better than typical of the chain and very enjoyable for my kids (2 10yos). The room is adequate size, even with sofa bed in use. I do wish that they offered (at least) ice water in the bobby, the tap water is lukewarm at best and its a nice (easy) extra to have one of the infused water jugs for guests. Staff was fine - though relatively brusque and impersonal. I have come to expect friendly staff at Marriotts, especially as a Silver reward member and it was noticeable to me the lack of warmth or interest in us. Not really a reason not to stay here, but just a note! Location is convenient to highways and Wegmans/ Mall/ restaurants.

Room Tip: we were on second floor facing the back of the building and it was very quiet