US$140
US$119
US$151
US$119
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$113
US$75
US$136
US$107
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

All reviewsal caponejacuzzi tubchain hotelsbeautiful hotelhotel roombed was comfortablebeatlessealcourthouseballroomrenovationlinens
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Clean and aesthetically appealing. Close to national mall which has great restaurants and shops, plus the big bus that takes you to many tourist spots (for a price but try to negotiate!) The hotel also has a restaurant inside but its pricy, although it's good. They pick a time of day where for a couple of hours you get a free sample of wine in the lobby. The employees are real nice. They also are in an area where lots of food can be delivered ( we ordered bucca di beppo and some other places). Took us about a 15 minute walk to neuseum and 40 minutes walk to other museums, respectively. Then we took a ride in a Taxi back to the hotel but taxi is pricy, try uber or the big bus.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jazmin R
Reviewed 13 April 2017

This was a beautiful hotel at one point. We stayed on the 6th floor. Paid $10 extra for the queen suite. Two large rooms, 2 tvs, wet bar and frig, couch, HUGE walk in closet, large, newish bath with jetted tub and separate shower, beautiful old wood bed. Walking distance to W&J, courthouse and multiple restaurants. Sounds like a deal right? Our room was 50 degrees when we entered. One window was not all the way shut, the other has a AC unit in it and the seal and insulation were loose so that I could see outside. I fixed those and called to the front desk for heat and was told "they would turn the boiler on". It was 30 degrees and snowing that day, what were they waiting for? It did warm up by bed time but by morning was back to the low 60s. I guess the duct tape on the window came undone because it was warm in the hall. People must not use the wet bar as a short time after turning it on the water turned brown from rust and then cleared. The cafe and bar downstairs were closed for renovation. I have no idea when the last time the windows in the lobby or rooms were washed. There were almost no lights on in the lobby at any point during our visit which made it a little spooky. Obviously they are struggling financially, but it would take very little to make this a great hotel again as its clear a lot of remodeling has already been done. The event room was being prepared with linens etc and looked great. I would probably stay there again for convenience sake. There is limited free parking.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank teensytheclown
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We arrived for a surprise get together - thirty two years since our last visit - and found it to be clean and the staff friendly. Drinks were a tad expensive but the food was excellent and the ambiance pleasant. Loads of parking
Overall a three star Plus

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

After looking at countless other options for a wedding venue, we settled on the George Washington and were NOT disappointed. Claire was spot on with her communication, was always knowledgeable, and helped in so many ways that we can't possibly thank her enough. The wedding went smoothly (as did our rehersal), and everyone had a wonderful time. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect day, and we have Claire to thank for it. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this hotel if booking for a wedding.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ItsBrittanyAnn
Reviewed 11 August 2016

When you step into the door you go back in time to see how things were back in the early to mid 1900's. Yes it looks good. Parking is awful when they are having weddings and events, so there's a minus. The room I was in(808) was wonderfully set up and clean. Way to go Traci!!! The tubs in the room need some attention. Beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Traci, which is Head Housekeeper. If your setting around and decide you need some conversation during the daytime, please go down stairs to the lobby and look up Ms. Ann. Wonderful little ole lady will steal your heart with stories of the way things used to be. She should know she has been at the same hotel for over 35 years, and worked at the back located right next door. As for the price... its about the same as the other surrounding hotels, but being right down town it's quiet and safe.
I have read the other reviews and I feel I need to add these remarks. When I stay here I usually stay for at least a month sometime as many as 3 to 4. I bring my own personal towels, wash rags, pots and pans, things to cook and so forth. There are washing machines on the 10th and the 5th. Need more, of course at least on every floor.

Room Tip: If your going to stay for awhile...come see them. Stayed here for the past 3 years off and on
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business